Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Attention KingQuad owners: who has raced a brute force?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 06:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention KingQuad owners: who has raced a brute force?

Me and my dad drag raced through a muddy field and down the road twice each so we could switch. In the mud my dads King got a head start because my Brute got no traction after i got traction i started cathen him but it was too d*&$ late we switched with the same out come. Then we rode over to the road. Lined up and we both almost killed our selfs on the start. We were even for about 100 ft and then a started pulling him and never looked back. When we switched we took a rolling start a 10mph and then guned it. I pulled a little power wheelie but my dad did'nt bout half way i walked him and passed him. We rode more in the woods and deep deep mud untill we both got stuck with water up the the racks when we tryed to race through a creek or river it comes off the yadkin cant remeber the name i think it was snow...... anyway Then my moms polaris 700 pulled us out.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] that ruined my day.

Old 10-30-2004, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Try spell checker......lol

Old 10-31-2004, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

wow im very impressed, i thought for sure the brute force would have walked all over it in a race. 50 more cc's an extra cylinder. but what made you guys buy your king quad other than any other big bore quad, say prairie 700, sportsman 700/800, brute force 750, etc?

Old 10-31-2004, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

I bought mine based on the repuation of the first KQ I owned. It was absolutely bullet proof. And I wanted EFI do to the better fuel economy. Fuel is a serious issue with our hunting teams as we have to carry everything back on gear drops and we have to take enough to last for 10 days.

Old 11-01-2004, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

ahh ok.. anyone else? why the king quad.

Old 11-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

I bought my Kingquad based on many factors. First I did not buy a Honda because I think Honda is falling a little behind other manufacturers in certain aspects, for example: Honda still has drum brakes on their quads. I just got ride of a 450 ES, I thought this was a great machine until I recieved my King. Honda probably still has the most reliable machines made. I did not buy a Yamaha just for the fact that I have never been impressed with their utility quads, they seem to me to be made cheaply and are to large in size. I also have a good friend that owns a ATV garage, Yamaha keeped him in business if you know what I mean. I did not buy Polaris for no other fact than they are extremely heavy, I believe their new 800(760cc's) weighs around 770+ pds., that is like carrying a extra person all the time with you! I did not buy a Artic cat for the same reason as Polaris, to heavy. The power was not very impressive on a machine that heavy. I do think Artic Cat is the best looking ATV and also the most ruggedly built ATV. Artic Cat also was a popular machine at the garage. This leaves me with kawasaki and the BF. I think kawasaki's are very good machines, but after riding the BF I preferred the Kingquad. I thought the King was a better overall package for the price. All this comes down to is preference everyones preference will be totally different.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2004, 12:54 AM
Range Rover

I bought mine, for EFI (I ride in the mountains and can change elevation by 4000 feet in one day). Sealed wet brake, light "feel" to the quad, it really feels light with the weight all dead center.I would venture to say it has the best trail handleing of the big bores, with the Rincon maybe being even with it.... also like the locker, but that is not really an advanatge over (all other) big bores... The fit and finish seemed much nicer then some the others. And the final thing that pushed most of the big bores out, is I don't want to keep messing with belts...the kawi tranny is not maintance free...constant (monthly) adjustments are needed to keep the belt in specs, then there is limp mode, and the whole process of using the belt as a clutch is bothersome to me. There are three or four shims, two or three different belts, 4 different spring colors, and lots of grief! That leaves (in the big bores) three options...Rincon (no low range), Griz (all around great quad for most of the owners I've met) and the KQ...which has the tranny system I like, and I liked the looks as well as the other two,...best brakeing of the three and the only one of the three with EFI. So we will see how she holds up! That will determine if it was the best choice for me or not, I hate things that fall apart! If I break it ...fine, but if parts are laying on the ground every morning....then I've got issues!
Still breaking it in, but it really is nice so far, steering is very responsive and light, nice mid range take off...it moves from about 10 to 45 so fast and smoooth! Not had her much past that yet...climbs and jumps nice, 4x4 system easy to get to, and works great.

Tires stink, front bumper is a little too short (the plastic goes all across but metal ends half way through head light)...boots look a little exposed. The tires might be ok trail tire...but have a lot of flex, and slick over fast in clay.

Hope that helps you out!

Old 11-02-2004, 06:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just come off a 2003 Rincon.Very reliable machine but it sure is'nt a KQ.The Rincon did me well for 2 yrs and than when the non Polaris brand ATVs hit the market with EFI[I also dont want 170 extra lbs of weight] and the rest of the goodies,I just had to have the KQ.

The Rincon has very poor downhill engine braking.You can put the KQ in Low range and do 1-2mph on a steep downhill decent.The Rincon does'nt work till about 9mph.

No differential lock mode on the Rincon,no adjustable shocks,no EFI,no OVER-RIDE button.And the overall feel of the quad is not like that of the KQ.The KQ has some of the lightest steering I've ever felt on a quad that size.

Im NOT a fan of belt driven ATVs.You can thank my PAST two Polaris 4x4s for this,as they were BOTH POS when it come to the word--RELIABILITY''!

So far,the KQ is everything I had hoped it would be.Now lets just HOPE the belt drive holds up to?

Bill

Old 11-02-2004, 06:54 AM
Pro Rider

I don't understand why it matters which utility quad is faster.

...if you're into speed why not buy something that is meant to race, like a sport quad? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

I can't answer for everyone but I think the utility quads are starting to blur the line between what is sport and what is utility. What we are seeing are very fast, well handling utility quads. It is a nice compromise to the person who can only afford one.

Quick Reply: Attention KingQuad owners: who has raced a brute force?