Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KING QUAD EVALUATION

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004 | 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default KING QUAD EVALUATION

Originally posted by: carbiznh
EIGER/VINSON/OUTLANDER?

Oh yeah, for you KQ guys complaining about acceleration off the line. It is a problem. I called Suzuki's tech dept and asked them why I have KQ on the floor that will rip your arms off and flip you backwards and why the KQ right next to it will barely lift the front wheels.....They told me TBD. Can't say there is a legit issue, but I know the difference.. You aren't dreaming this stuff up.

Sorry for the book.

DAVID
What is "TBD". What makes the difference and how do we fix it.

I remenber listening or reasing somewhere that a Suzuki rep sais that it would be easy to fix....me and hundreds of KQ owners are still waiting to open the King's Pandora box.

If anybody know's the trick please help us.

Old 11-22-2004 | 09:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yep,
I like everything about my new KQ EXCEPT for the doggy feel from 0-9mph.If someone has a FIX for this,we need to know what it is?

Old 11-22-2004 | 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

TBD .....................To Be Determined.

Earlier I was talking about the Outlander and service issues. I meant to say that I have never had another machine in service as much as the Outy.....

Sorry for the confusion.

DKE

Old 11-23-2004 | 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, the Outlander has MANY build quality issues. I have had thousands of dollars of problems with the outlander, all covered by warranty.

I would expect the Vinson to outperform the outlander for the things you mentioned. It's 500 cc and has a swing arm. The outlander is not going to have the punch or cornering ability of the vinson as you stated. That doesn't mean that it's inferior to the vinson. The two can't be compared like you said. It's like comparing a corvette and a camaro. The Outlander is a play quad. I view the vinson as a more serious quad for all around use.

So, I agree with what you said. My main point is that the outlander is a nice quad, but it's not a vinson. It's got a nice ride and a soft seat, and like you said, good for beginners.
It serves it's segment well. And for a 400, it has 30 hp at the flywheel, way more than any of the other 400's. I'm pleased with the power.

I test drove the King yesterday. You can see my eval on the other major forum. Needless to say the King is awesome.

Thanks for the comments.