Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 KQ bumpers?

anyone know of any yet?

Old 12-06-2004, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default 700 KQ bumpers?

How do you like your 700 KQ,I here there great,I own a sportsman 700 but It sounds like the KQ would fit my needs better for my kind of riding.I hate the engine braking on my 700sp and when I go riding with my buds I have to be carful when going down hills or I will rear end them.Hows the engine braking on the suzuki.

Old 12-07-2004, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default 700 KQ bumpers?

Suzuki Bumpers are still on Back order.. Im getting pissed.. They offer these Bumpers with the machines when you purchase them, but fail to mass produce them. Ok lets see... Do the math.. You sell 8,000 quads... Maybe 20-30% of the sales might want the freakin Bumpers. Nobody makes aftermarket bumpers for these machines yet ,so any protection would be nice!!!!!!! Im starting to think that Suzuki has some serious issues.

Old 12-07-2004, 01:02 PM
Range Rover
Default 700 KQ bumpers?

I was going to get the bumpers too, until my dealer said that when the he asked them about them ..they hadn't started even making them yet! In fact they were waiting for a certain number of orders before the production would start...he was guessing 4 months!(This was in oct. ) if he's right you got about 6 more weeks!
I decided to make my own front bumper anyways, thought that the Suzuki one was too big and too low. So I just ordered the stuff, then I'll have to run it to a shop that has a pipe bender...and then once all the peices are cut and bent comes the welding...if I have time it should be done buy end of Jan! I'm thinking of painting it the dark green to match the rest of the quad.... or even chromeing it!
I'm making it "form fit" the front... one inch double tube, kind of like the Arctic cat one. It will follow the lines of the quad, top bar with the top line of the plastic bumper and bottom line 4 inches lower, with sloping back angles to the lower bar on the end. We'll see how it turns out...it will mount to the frame in three places. It will not be as low as the Suzuki front bumper. I don't own a shop but a friend does so it will fairly cheap to make...just time!

Old 12-07-2004, 03:13 PM
Range Rover
Default 700 KQ bumpers?

The king is good. This is my first non pure sport bike. keeping the ds for that kind of riding. It seems like a good quad though. I spent a bit of seat time on the outlander. It does not ride as well and the progressive front locker is far better than having to flip the locker on the kq but 400cc just wasnt enough for me, although on the trails I am sure it would hold its own. the uphill climbing power is where i worried. the king does ride better than the others out there. It is pretty sweet. Still adjusting to the non cluth and non lofting the front end thing though. love it so far though.