Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KQ700 and Vinson

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KQ700 and Vinson

Here's the deal. I'm looking to purchase a new ute...something that could handle some heavy plowing yet still be fun on the trails.

King Quad
$7625.76 + 69.95 (plow) + $433.95 (winch) = $8129 OTD

'05 Vinson Manual
$6545.76 OTD w/ out plow and winch....figure about $7k w/ plow and winch.

'05 Sportsman 500
$7500 w/ Glacier Plow and warn 2500 winch

'04 Honda Foreman 450 S
$6172.32 OTD without plow or winch

The KQ got thrown in there b/c the salesman was really steering me towards it. All prices were quoted at different dealers.

What do you guys think about the prices? I think they are all high, esp the Sportsman and the Foreman.

What do you think will be the best for some heavy plowing (all types of snow...deep, wet, heavy, light, etc.) for at least 12 houses per snowfall reliability wise and performance wise, yet still be able the have fun on the trails? I like the Honda for it's proven reliability and high resale value. The Polaris will handle the snow with authority. The Vinson will be fun on the trails. To be honest, I haven't seen or heard enough about the KQ to have a general impression. Any help would be appreciated. I am looking to make my purchase by Dec. 31st.

Thanks.

Old 12-28-2004, 05:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default KQ700 and Vinson

Wow what a range. I would first start off by saying if you can afford the King Quad then get it. It will beat all the others hands down just for the fact it's 200cc+ over the rest. I would also go out on a limb and say it is the best overall quad that is out there at this time.

If you don't have the cash then I would lean toward the Vinson but I would get an auto. I've found that most people would rather let the machine do the shifting for you. It is a bit more but it's still under the Sportsman's price.

As for the reliability issue all these machines have proven themselves so it's hard to go wrong with either. I don't know much about Hondas but I can tell you that every last one of them are under powered when compaired to all the rest so I would stay away from it if you are doing any major snow plowing.

Most of my experance is with the Vinson and 500 Sportsman. Both are very good machines but here are the reasons I like the Vinson over the Sportsman:

1. Vinson has won every shootout in it's class ever since it's creation
2. It is very sporty because of it's SRA
3. The price is lower
4. The Sportsman is a lot heavier
5. The Sportsman's seat is to wide for my liking
6. The Sportsman's shifter is a pain but some like it

If you don't have the money for the KQ then get either the Vinson or Sportsman. The Vinson is much more sporty but the Sportsman is more comfortable because of the IRS.

Also something to think about. If there are any 2004s on the floor you may save a few bucks getting one of those instead of the 05. Anyway good luck on your new purchase.

Old 12-28-2004, 06:22 AM
Trailblazer
Default KQ700 and Vinson

I recommend the K.Q., but also recommend that you pay no more than $6400 plus $69 winch (which you can install yourself) plus tax, out the door, which is what I paid and many others have posted as well. Don't ask dealer for his best price, but instead tell him that you are looking for a dealer who will sell it for the price I just mentioned. Just get on the phone and start calling. Good luck!

Old 12-28-2004, 08:35 AM
Trailblazer
Default KQ700 and Vinson

I'd say the Vinson or King depending on how much you want to spend and what kind of deal you can get. With the king you'll get a locking front end which may not be a huge deal....until you need it. The only negatives I've heard on the King are a few bent tie rods and the reverse failure while backing up steep inclines. Other that that, its seems to be a heck of a machine. Are the winch & plow mounting brackets out yet for it?? That might be another thing to check into before you buy. A guy I work with bought a new Foreman and cant get a winch or plow mount.

Old 12-28-2004, 10:22 AM
Trailblazer
Default KQ700 and Vinson

I think the dealers on the suzukis tryin to rip ya a new one.. I got my KQ at ASK in columbus, OH for 6600.. Then i got the winch for 69 bucks.. The blade at its normal price.. Dad got his camo 05 vinson for 5500 with no accesorries.. I got no experience with prices on the other quads to talk about them..

Old 12-28-2004, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default KQ700 and Vinson

Im with the other guys. Tell them the price you want to pay. I payed $5614 for my Vinson Auto out the door. And called a dealer in Louisiana ( im in texas) who said they could give me the KQ for $6750 OTD. This is with no accesories but a really good price. At a minimum $1000 less than all other dealers I talked to. Im still cautious about buying the KQ until the next year model, just so I can observe the problems it may have and see if they get fixed. Not nocking Polaris, but "I" wouldnt own one. Some people in my area do and they have nothing but problems out of them. Or at least compared to everyone else riding Honda, Kawi, Zukes and Yamahas. The hondas are very good and usually really reliable, but I would go with a Rubicon 500 if you can get one for a good price. A couple of my close friends have them and they are nice, they just are short on features, they are 4x4 all the time and really ride rough, a norm for honda utes, but the "hydraulic" tranny works really well, and you dont have a belt to worry about . My vinson is the first utility suzuki quad ive owned and i really like it. Good features for a good price, and so far have had no problems in 8 months of ownership. (besides the breaks, theyve worn out from all the mud allready, so im going to buy some aftermarket EBC and try them). Between the honda and the Suzuki I dont think you are going to go wrong. Just test ride them and compare features to price, and call around to get the good price.

Old 12-28-2004, 03:12 PM
Range Rover
Default KQ700 and Vinson

Ride them all and buy what you like best.

Each person has their own likes and disliked. What I like you may not.

So, I would check them all out and choose based on your preferences.

I would personally go with a Yamaha Grizzly 660. VERY reliable machine

Just my opinion.