Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

No luck at buying Vinson

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 10:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been trying to buy a Vinson but the dealers in this area don't seem to want to deal. Neither sales person seemed to know much about the Vinson or the Suzuki incentives that were available on it. The only thing they did know was that they wanted MSRP for it with no discount.

First dealer had one with a winch already on it (which I don't want)and said they needed $6599 for it and Suzuki would include the winch at no cost. He was not even aware of the Suzuki deal on the winch (this was before 1/1/02). He acted like he was doing me a favor to even talk to me about the Vinson.

Second dealer had one Vinson left. I took my 99 RM250 to see if I could trade it on the Vinson. They wanted to give me much less than book for my bike (even with it being in imaculate condition with many extras) and they wanted MSRP for the Vinson. They finally decided to come down $400.00 but by then I was not happy and ask them to help me load my bike back up. In the course of talking to them about the Vinson I mentioned the Suzuki financing that was available on the Vinson. The guy had no idea what I was talking about. I suggested he go visit the Suzuki web site sometime. He said he sold more Polaris and Honda and didn't know as much about the Suzuki.

Is it expecting too much for the dealers to know something about the products they sell??? Is everyone paying full price for the Vinson right now? I am going to buy one but I am not going to get screwed on the deal. I figure I should be able to trade for approximately $3500.00 difference. Anyone know a good dealer in the central IL or central IN area???

Sorry for the long post but I needed to vent. I really expected to arrive home with a new Vinson last night.

Phoneguy

Old 01-06-2002, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

I read a post earlier where someone got an eiger for $4800, that sounds like a good deal. Someones suzuki dealer is willing to negotiate.
MSRP is what has kept me from buying a Honda or Yamaha, each time I went to buy a new quad they both wanted top dollar and Yamaha wanted a stupid dealer dealer assembly fee. How are you going to sell it if you don't put it together?
So it's been kawasaki for my last 3 fourwheelers- way lower than msrp and no add on fee's (at my dealer).
I've never delt with suzuki, but will give them a shot next time and see how they deal. Now where's the nearest suzuki dealer?

Old 01-06-2002, 12:56 PM
'5 minutes worth of planning equals 30 minutes of execution'

I know what you mean about clueless dealers. Fortunately I have a good one down the road which is a strait shooter. My wife (a teacher) taught his kids so that helps in the dealing portion of the sale. Call around and eventually you will find a deal. I bought my Sportsman for $350 less + a free winch than anyone else in the Houston Area (7 other dealers) buy shopping around. I have found the smaller dealer MUCH beter to deal with.

Old 01-06-2002, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suzuki had a deal going late last year on all Eiger models. About $200 -$300 off MSRP depending on model. But that deal ended Dec. 31st.

Old 01-06-2002, 06:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

phoneguy,
You can pretty much expect to pay msrp if you have a trade in.My dealer has two prices,msrp if you have a trade and a lot better than msrp if you don't,but he has alway's given me high book value on my trades unlike the kawi dealer just up the road from him.When I went to buy my wife a machine,she wanted a prairie but this guy acted like he was doing me favor by knocking off 50.00 bucks!Needless to say I called a dealer 100 miles away and they were willing to take off 600.00 bucks ,damn right I'll drive 200 miles round trip for that!If my suzuki dealer had an auto 300cc at the time,I'd have bought one from him.My vinson was 6600.00 with warn 2k winch and 27" mud bugs mounted,plus I got the stock tires less trade of my '01 kq300 which he gave me 4600.00 for otd 2000.00,I thought it was a good deal. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2002, 06:29 AM
Pro Rider

didnt you know that dealers wear sandles and walk on water. the seam to think they have the golden goose. 3 time i have been to the suzuki dealer to by a quad, and 3 times i couldnt get any service and walked out. i guess my cash isnt any good. maybe i would do better if i had some golden goose feed!!!!!!!

Old 01-08-2002, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

Rarely do you see a dealer deal on quad that has just come out (except Cannondales). I remember when Raptors came out dealers in Phoenix, AZ were charging MSRP plus $800-$1000 for setup and freight and people were paying it cause it was brand new. The same thing happened when 400ex's came out. Dealers wouldn't deal on them. Now they are practically selling them out the door (tax, etc included) for MSRP or less. The comment about Cannondale is because the dealer in my town had marked down a brand new Cannibal $600. I'm sure they weren't moving them very fast.