Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

quadzilla questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 01:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quadzilla questions

she broke her purple one the weekend we were up there then she was riding what appeared to be more of a stock machine, so mels bike is stock with just a pipe

Old 01-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: superevil
IM thinkng of putting my 93 cr 250 motor in my quadracer,thatl be 53 hp with a stock engine,wich would be fun.i havent started to measure everything up though
It'll definitely haul a$$ till the vibration snaps the motor mounts and shakes your fillings out.
No counterbalancer = No fun in a quad.

Old 01-07-2005, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: gonetothedunes
she broke her purple one the weekend we were up there then she was riding what appeared to be more of a stock machine, so mels bike is stock with just a pipe
The stock machine is mine... hers has some work done to it, mostly cosmetic though. I'm building a motor for her for next year, it should really run good... make last years model look slow.

Old 01-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

so you do some nice work to zillas, my friend might be interested in have you build it up for him but it wont be till next year,i checked out charles web site i see he is making a new style frame i sent him a e-mail havnt heard back yet.little sahara in west of nephi right? like one hour.You probibly know my father-inlaw bill we were trying to plan a trip out there and up to idaho cuz he hasny been there.He's crazy to think that chocke cherry is only as big as pipleline hill in R.S. but he will find out soon enough.Why didnt you paint your buggy while it was still a frame?Hope im not bothering you too much....

Old 01-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

No bother guy... that's what these forums are for..

I wished I would have painted the thing... but I'm still making changes, and don't want to paint it until I'm done. I'm adding about another 8" travel to the rear end this spring, mid board hubs, and an LS1.

I do some motor work on the 500's. I have a mentor that has shown me many neat things on that motor that will make them really giddyup, and more reliable at the same time. Stockers are a turd. If you think Mels runs good, you aint seen nothing.
If your buddy wants work done, I wouldn't recommend doing it until after the season is over, as it takes me longer than your average Joe to rebuild/pump them up... And it's not cheap either.

I hope I get my 250 finished for this summer... It will really smoke. I'll be hunting them big bore 'cheetah' banshee guy's. 500's will be nothing... I've been working on this project for 2 years now.

Charles is slow answering his email, as he's pretty computer illiterate. (I built his site for him, and another fella is maintaining it since I left.. (I think checking email for him too) Be patient, and he'll get back to you.

Little sahara is only about 80 miles from me.. your right, it's down by Nephi off I-15.
I think I do know Bill... meet so many people, but it sounds familiar... you'd better get him to Idaho! As you know, there's nothing like it on earth. Pipeline is a joke! Chokecherry is really cool, but I think my favorite is Devils Dune (Furthest one back)

Old 01-08-2005, 12:46 PM
Trailblazer

yeah devils dune is the best the us has to offer, i still think we should all plan a trip to egypt...LOL 2000 foot high dunes, so those v-8's climb as good as the VW's seem that they wouldnt climb as good because of weight issues,you got to let me ride in your buggy this spring i want to fly over the whoops i guess we are planning to go up to RS for the 4th, i will be in walden memorial,you know anyone who is looking for a VW buggy i want to get a yfz 450 a put 6-7 thousand into it,my wife like the buggy though so have to get her another one.Does charles do any cheap buggys like 8-9 G's or do his always cost 40-50

Old 01-08-2005, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Suzuki Claimed 51 HP at the wheels.

Old 01-09-2005, 03:30 AM
Pro Rider

I'll give you a ride... it's amazing how smooth they are. Much bigger car than yours is. I doubt the VW would push mine around like it does yours.
So why a 450? That's a pile of $$ to have invested in a thumper that still isn't ALL that fast.
Charles does build a fairly cheap car, but not 8-9K... he'll build a rolling Chassis for around 13K, turn key for around 35-40 depending on motor choice, etc.

Way better than the big boyz.

Old 01-09-2005, 04:55 AM
Trailblazer

tell me that a 450 yfz with 6 thousand dollars into it wouldnt run with anything on the dunes,daMN I guess we will have to find an old school frame to go with and use an old vw motor but that is fine with me i care less about buggys ib like quads buggy's are like drivging cars and im sick of driving cars but i think if i get a yfz i will put a stage 2 cam port and polish bigger vlves bigger bore loose the electric start maybe? wiseco 13.5:1 piston nitromethinol fuel extended swing-arm i think i will win some race aginst anything also a laeger front a-arm suspensions kit

Old 01-10-2005, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not saying that a YFZ wouldn't be cool... but you can go faster with less money elsewhere.
Then again, I'm not a fan of the new fourstrokers anyhow.

Yes it will be fast, but always remember... there's always someone that will hand you your a$$ when you least suspect it. I'll run ya with my old worn out 250 when you get ready... I just love to hill shoot! It's great fun... YOu always win some and lose some... that's what makes it fun.

Quick Reply: quadzilla questions