Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

team suzuki yoshi pipe pro's and con's

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default team suzuki yoshi pipe pro's and con's

I recently purchased the team suzuki yoshi pipe for my son's 250. He is asking how it will sound and will it increase the power.The question I have is will I have to jet the carb. The local shop say's the team version is set up for the stock settings.Thanks for any help.

Old 01-17-2005, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

idk i heard the yoshs are really loud. you should always jet after puttin on a new exhaust if you want to increase power more

Old 01-17-2005, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: two250s
I recently purchased the team suzuki yoshi pipe for my son's 250. He is asking how it will sound and will it increase the power.The question I have is will I have to jet the carb. The local shop say's the team version is set up for the stock settings.Thanks for any help.

Well i have a Z400, and for months i debated weather i wanted to get the yoshi pipe because i had heard they were kind of loud, and i really didn't want my pipe too loud.. Well I finally went for it, and bought the Team Suzuki / Yoshimura pipe, and i am very happy with it.. It is a little louder, but the tone is different, its a deeper tone.. So though it is a bit louder, its not soo loud that it makes it uncomfortable to ride. The Team Suzuki Pipe does have the 94db TEC insert, so it is quieter then the Yoshimura pipe.. the standard yoshi pipe is 98db. I don't know about the 250 though..

Any time you increace the air moving threw the engine (both intake, and exhaust) you should rejet. Things like a Pipe, you will HAVE to rejet, or it wont run correctly, and could cause engine damage by running too lean.

-ThaChad

Old 01-17-2005, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

it will increase poer and it will sound awesome. Whenever you increase the air flow in your engine you need to rejet to get the proper power gains.

so basically what everyone alerady said