Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

piston for ZILLA

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default piston for ZILLA

I need to get a new piston for my 1987 zilla. I was thinking of a weisco pro lite. My cylinder is a 1mm over bore (how do you say this in 0.0???). Also is their any other piston you would recommend or where on the web can I get pistons. Thanks for the help guys

Old 02-18-2005, 07:30 PM
Trailblazer
Default piston for ZILLA

I would go with a wiseco allways trusted. Usually want the shop that bored or honed the cylinder to match it up for ya unless you confident on your skills. You can get them about anywhere I buy most of my stuff from rockymountian atv out of utah.

88 lt 500r
91 lt 250r
03 hp 300 GG

Old 02-19-2005, 02:48 AM
Range Rover
Default piston for ZILLA

here is a web site the might come in handy for you.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] http://www.pistons-online.com/

Old 02-19-2005, 11:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default piston for ZILLA

I got the cylinder honed I don't need to get it bored it is just the piston was worn and had scratches. I figured out that the piston in it is a weisco pro-lite. Also I found out that it is written as 0.040inch overbore and rocky mountain hasthis piston, rings, clips and wrist pin for $84.99, which I don't think is bad. I've e-mailed both rocky mountain and pistons-online for shipping and any info.

Old 02-19-2005, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default piston for ZILLA

Rocky Mtn is a great place, don't hesitate to buy from them.

Old 02-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default piston for ZILLA

Originally posted by: emeraldisleatv
I got the cylinder honed I don't need to get it bored it is just the piston was worn and had scratches. I figured out that the piston in it is a weisco pro-lite. Also I found out that it is written as 0.040inch overbore and rocky mountain hasthis piston, rings, clips and wrist pin for $84.99, which I don't think is bad. I've e-mailed both rocky mountain and pistons-online for shipping and any info.
You still need to have the clearance checked. Machine shops match the piston to the cylinder to ensure the proper clearances, forged pistons require more than cast pistons. If the clearance is too tight the engine will sieze, too loose and it will wear out very quicky or break the rings and damage the cylinder.

Old 02-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default piston for ZILLA

Originally posted by: truckracer
Originally posted by: emeraldisleatvI got the cylinder honed I don't need to get it bored it is just the piston was worn and had scratches. I figured out that the piston in it is a weisco pro-lite. Also I found out that it is written as 0.040inch overbore and rocky mountain hasthis piston, rings, clips and wrist pin for $84.99, which I don't think is bad. I've e-mailed both rocky mountain and pistons-online for shipping and any info.
You still need to have the clearance checked. Machine shops match the piston to the cylinder to ensure the proper clearances, forged pistons require more than cast pistons. If the clearance is too tight the engine will sieze, too loose and it will wear out very quicky or break the rings and damage the cylinder.
Okay. I'll get the guy who has my cylinder and head to ckeck it out when I get a new piston. I'am getting the head and cylinder planed and new steel studs in the head as the previous owner had upgraded the six stud cylinder head with threaded bar and threaded bar begins to strech when heated and under pressure. I didn't know this until I went to the engineer and I nearly got weak when he showed me how much they had streched.