Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad Reverse Idle Gear Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad Reverse Idle Gear Update

5yr. warr. not good enough ? What do you guy's want. I've never heard of any mfg. offering a 5yr. warr. on a defect. Get real.

Old 02-28-2005, 09:18 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Shortcut
5yr. warr. not good enough ? What do you guy's want. I've never heard of any mfg. offering a 5yr. warr. on a defect. Get real.
Open your eyes man !! ... wake up!!! Look at the whole picture...If it would have been made right the first time..this crap wouldn't have happen...!!!!! there's nothing I see to brag about..it appears you do...get real !!

Old 02-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider

When I bought my k/q my eye's were wide open, I knew it was a first year quad and it was a gamble. I chose to buy it anyway, what did yamaha do for the first year raptor, or honda for the first year rubicon. Both those machines had major trans problems. the k/q been out for 6 mos. how fast would you have liked suzuki to act on this problem ? What could they have done to make you happy ?

Old 02-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

horkam, Do you work for suzuki, where are you from and how did you get your info?
I do not work for Suzuki, but I have very close ties with a local dealership and I got to read the Suzuki Service Bulletin when it came into the shop today.

All that I have said in this thread is the gospel according to Suzuki.

BTW...The King Quad is a very solid unit and I would have no problems laying down my cash for one...PERIOD...

Old 02-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer

I called and spoke to a manager tonight about the info in this post. These are facts that he confirmed for me. His name was Brad.

1. There is going to be a 5 year warranty through Suzuki for any reverse failure which has had the ECM updated.

2. At some point in time we will receive a letter stating the above.

3. There will not be a recall on the reverse issue.

4. They will be using the needle bearing fix in all future failures and late model 2005 king quads.

5. There is still < 1% failures for quads sold.

6. They sent complete motors in the begining to assess any repeat failures were R/T new bearings or mechanical work at dealer and thus far there have been none.

The bottom line is unless you break it you will have the weak reverse. Nyroc I meant that if I wanted the defective design on my quad fixed without it breaking first and stranding me somewhere or worse getting hurt I would have to buy the parts and do the work myself.

Old 03-01-2005, 02:41 AM
Range Rover

My dealer told me the same today...

Old 03-01-2005, 02:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

As a bystander, just contemplating my first purchase of some quads, it looks to me like Suzuki is being fair in this. I happen to be in the position of being able to wait and make sure I get the new part, but I think that if I had already purchased a KingQuad I'd be staisfied with this offer. I have a DR-Z400E Suzuki dirt bike that seems to be 100% bulletproof. I like Suzuki and their products. If they give me a 5 year warranty on any part, it leads me to believe that they have faith in it. Of course all my experiences with Suzuki are positive so I have no reason to doubt them at this point. Good luck to all of you and I think if you "sleep on it" for awhile, the offer from Suzuki will sound a whole lot better.

Anyway, I hope to buy two KingQuads and a Zieman F-812 SL Flat Bed Trailer some time next Spring (2006). It looks like a lot of fun and I live in a great place for Quads.

Take care.

jim

Old 03-01-2005, 06:47 AM
Pro Rider

Well, Suzuki says the defective part will remain in the ATV like a ticking time bomb until it strands you 20 miles from nowhere. Way to back up your customers Suzuki. It is defective. They are aware it is defective. They will continue letting dealers sell the defective quads and only replace them if they break. I'm trying to figure out who came up with this policy the lawyers or the accountants. I'm guessing a little from column A and a little from column B. Such a solution could only come from a combination of the two.

A company use to be able to get away with sodomizing its customers like this years ago but not now. With the Internet owners can communicate more with each other, notes can be compared and problems can be identified. People who are shopping for an ATV can hear the opinions of thousands of folks and they can see how Suzuki has treated them. They don't have to relay on the words of salesmen or just word of mouth from just a handful of people.

I don't feel bad for folks who know about these problems and buy a defective quad with eyes wide open. If they wanna do that more power to them. I feel bad for the folks who have no idea about this problem and are knowingly sold a defective quad by Suzuki. I also feel bad for the folks who are unknowingly riding around on a defective quad and who may get stranded miles from nowhere because of it just because Suzuki was more interested in profits than doing the right thing for its customers. Despicable.

As some of my buddies would say....BOHICA.

Old 03-01-2005, 08:20 AM
Range Rover

..You are 100% RIGHT !!! Captian Quint.. They are throwing a few "Bread Crumbs" our way and some are praising it...I believe they should "Recall" all KQ sold in ' 05 and correct them ALL!!...not just the ones that break down...I feel sorry for someone who buys a used one that didn't have the replacement...d*m Suzuki !!!

Old 03-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider

Just be glad we have a medium like the Internet now.(thank you AL Gore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] NOT).Could you imagine being without this??? I would have bought one like alot of others.I just say screw it.......wait and just get one thats been updated.As much as I ride it would fail.....so why get one knowing that??? no freeking way. Driving a long distance to have a trip ruined??As soon as a way can found to identify the ones with the update (VIN or production date) then I might consider it.This is bascially a reminder of an old lesson.....never buy the first year IMO.
02 650 camo

Quick Reply: King Quad Reverse Idle Gear Update