Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Any performance mods for the King?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any performance mods for the King?

I was just wondering if there were any performance mods for the King other than the Power Commander and TFI. My King only goes 72mph and I want to go 120 or faster...... JUST KIDDING. Just curious if you guys have found a solution to the low end lag and if there are any pipes or other performance mods I can ad to give my King more power.

This quad is awesome and I just went through mud that was above my wheels with no problem. I have 25" Mud Lites and I can't believe how this thing performs. I have 400 miles on my King and haven't had any problems and no reverse issues have appeared. I decided to buy the extended warranty 1 day before the 5 year warranty was announced by Suzuki but I am sure there will be more glitches discoverd in time so I think the warranty was a smart move.

Thanks for all your input guys, Nathan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2005, 02:09 AM
Range Rover

High lifter has a clutch kit. Im real interested in hearing from someone with one installed.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

I saw the new clutch kit and haven't heard if anyone has one yet. That would sure be neat to try but I think that I will let a few others try it out before dropping the cash. I heard there was a new exhaust but I forgot who made it and how much it costs. I thought it would be cool to add nitrous but I just bought a warranty that cost me 500 bucks and I don't want to throw that down the drain.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Range Rover

HMF has a pipe but the power increase is minimal. They posted a 1hp gain, hardly worth the effort. I kinda like the sound stock and the stainless steel looks pretty good. I'm not even going to mess with a new tip as it flows and sounds pretty good as is.

Timing is the biggest problem down low. A module to cure this will be available in a month or so from a dealer in Canada. It will be very similar to the ones for the Kawasakis. None of the US manufacturers that make them for the Kaws have one in the works. They don't know how to make it work because of the EFI. The dealer up in Canada had one ready to go but then had to do some updates due to our getting a new updated ECM. I'll be sure to post the info once they become available.

The Powercommander and Dobeck TFI only add fuel. Supposably, Dynojet will offer add ons for the PC but an ignition module for the King is not in the works. The King Quad is a littte lean at the bottom so either would cure that condition. Kinda pricey to do just that though in my opinion. Neither has posted any Dyno data to date. The Canadian dealer also will offer something to add fuel but I don't have all the details yet.

I personally am going to wait on the Module and go from there. Most likely, around the end of April it will be available.

Old 03-04-2005, 10:59 AM
Range Rover

Just a thought on the clutch kit. I am not sure if the limiter is rev based or speed based, leaning toward rev based. If so and you change your wet clutch springs, the added RPMS before engagement just might cause a problem with hitting the limiter before moving. Not positive on this but something to think about should you decide to go this route. Personally, I think a module will be all that you need.

Old 03-04-2005, 02:14 PM
Range Rover

Topgun, I am very interested in the module any info when you get it would be great. Also do you know if adding something like the module messes with your warranty at all? Will it be a simple plug in thing or what? Again thanks for the info.

Old 03-14-2005, 01:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

Check out dobeck performance website at www.dobeckperformance.com new TPI controller claims increase of 15% more rwhp over stock. Oh and all the polaris fans will love to see that the King has the EFI 700 Sportsman whooped on horsepower. also www.powercommander.com has a new EFI controller as well. I am seriously considering these as an option. Prob go with dobeck due to fact that they have actually done dyno's and made them public.

Old 03-14-2005, 08:33 AM
Range Rover

The big gain that Dobeck got was from removing the snorkle on the airbox. It is extremely restictive. You'd have to see it for yourself to understand. It will come off fairly easily and with the addition of more fuel, will add quite a bit of HP. The intake is still up very high but if you do a lot of submarine adventures, I would not do this mod. An engine and water do not mix.

Dobeck sent mine out on Thursday. It is supposed to plug in, no splicing other than you have to hook up the ground lead. That can connect to the frame or battery. They listed the price wrong on the website. It should be $209.95 with free shipping. They also should have installation pictures and a tuning video posted in the near future. If you call, ask for Derek.

Old 03-14-2005, 11:19 AM
Range Rover

Topgun is that the timing module?

Old 03-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Trailblazer

The Dobeck isn't the timing module, just adds fuel. I'm running the PC right now. Not a huge H.P. increase, but some noticable affect. I have the clutch kit. I'm getting it installed this Thursday, so I'll let everyone know my opinion.

Quick Reply: Any performance mods for the King?