Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

How do I remove my airbox???

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I remove my airbox???

I just got an outerwears airbox cover for my 04 Z 400 and wanted to know how to remove the airbox. Anybody who has had theirs out please help-i could probably figure it out but i want to take apart as little as possible. Also, I heard that with the outerwears cover on i would have to drop the main jet 3 sizes. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 03-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Trailblazer

Funny if this were one of those dumb *** threads about whats faster than what, i would have already had 50 replies. Surely someone who reads this either has an aluminum airbox, or has had theirs out before. If you have, please let me know- it would really save me alot of trouble-thanks again

Old 03-21-2005, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I had the rear plastic off, but there's three bolts and the intake to carberator hose holding it on. Two bolts on the left side and one on the right looking at it from the rear. I'm pretty sure that's it. Just see if the bolts are accessable without removing the rear plastic. And you'll have to go UP on the main jet, not down.

Old 03-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the reply- It came off quite easy once I really looked at it. I do belive however that you are incorrect about having to go UP on the main jet. If the outerwears cover restricts some airflow (which they say it does) it will actually be way RICH- Going UP on the main jet dosent seem to make much sense. I tried it with the same setup I had (165 main with cover off) and it ran like crap. I dropped the main jet to a 160 and no more stumble or smoking at full throttle. The instructions with the outerwears said to DROP the main down three sizes, but I thought that was a little much ( and I was right). Cant belive everything you read I guess, kinda like the Dynojet kit whose instructions said to drop the main jet smaller than stock ( Im glad i didnt follow those either, seems like it would be a little lean). My quad runs meaner than hell now Ill probably leave it alone for awhile, but thanks again for the reply.