Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Came home with 4 flat tires, need help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Came home with 4 flat tires, need help!

i went riding on my eiger yesterday and blew all 4 tires, i dont know what the hel happened, i want mud tires, like the mudlites but anything else good on the market these days?? thanks!

Old 03-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

i also have a very bad combination too, lots of mud and lots of road to get there![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Range Rover

589's are heavy, but will bust through branches, sticks, glass, cactus, and sharp rocks...without flats. The weight is the price you pay for them. Pretty good all around tire, little on the agressive side, but not a true mudder tire. Great ride on hardpac....

Old 03-22-2005, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

i donno about tires...but it seems your like me..you like utility quads to look sweet...i have a billet gas cap and brake resivor cover on my Eiger now..it's sweet..just order the parts for a Z 400 and they will fit...i also took off the front rack...it's much better looking

Old 03-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

if you want indestructable tires, get 589s, mudzillas, or outlaws all at the price of weight tho...

v581

Old 03-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

We call 589s "mountain magnets" cause they are heavy and stick to the earth. They are heavy and if they do puncture they are rigid enough not to show. As far as a mud tire, my brother loves his. I think they are a lil rough ridin.

I went to Tractor Supply and got a gallon of Berrymans tire stuff. Same as slime but a lot!!!!! cheaper, bout $20 for all 4 tires. It works pretty well and if ya do get a leak and it gets too much for the goo its easier to find since youll see it oozin out the tire. I've been running it in my tractors and I've never had a flat in a treated tire. Tho, I didn't put it in my mudlites and have had to plug em a couple times. I carry a plug kit and a small compressor on my quad at all times.

Flats are hard to avoid the way we ride but I seem to have pretty good luck.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

a friend at a dealer says eigers will tear up easy with a heavy tire

Old 03-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

I agree!! Heavy tires are hard on every quad. Zuki isn't very well known for their frames, they'er the lowest in quality among the jap quads. They are still very good units but you have to be careful not to overtax em. Suzuki doesnt build their stuff for industrial use, but they make em to be used for fun.

I went to the 26" mudlights but kept the same widths so as not to put any extra strain on the bike. The M/L is a light tire, 6-ply, with a nice ride and good grip. The tire you need on an eiger. By going to the 9" front tire I got a longer center lug that smooths the ride and makes it turn on a dime. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2005, 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

haha thanks, ill go with the mudlites then, hey im looking at this moose front grille guard, looks awesome, gotta get this

Old 03-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Where's Lynville???

Quick Reply: Came home with 4 flat tires, need help!