Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad free extended warranty for reverse problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 02:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad free extended warranty for reverse problems

After losing my reverse with only 2 hours total on my KQ I took it into the shop to get it repaired. I was promised a new engine and drivetrain and then the waiting game began. It took them 5 weeks and several phone calls to get the new engine to the dealer and get it fixed. After several calls with suzuki they finally offered to buy me the extended 4 year warranty for the inconvenience of buying a $7000 quad and not being able to ride it 35 days out of the 36 I had owned it. I finally got it back with the new engine/tranny and I just put 150 miles on in Moab and no problems. Honestly, I couldn't be happier and I think the 5 weeks of waiting was worth the free extended warranty. If any of you have gone through a similar situation I think Suzuki would do the same for you and they have completely redeemed their reputation with me. I still haven't been told by the dealer or Suzuki if the new tranny is the updated model, but I would assume they wouldn't replace the whole thing if it wasn't. I still find it interesting that so many of you are so worried about a ticking time bomb waiting to fail and leave you stranded on the trail as many describe the reverse failure. I will assure you that all the KQ's were built the same and they will all fail if pushed hard in reverse. If you all are so worried about future problems, quit whining, take your quad out in the snow or mud, apply the front brake, and spin the rear wheels as fast as you can in reverse while pushing the override button. I will guarantee that within 2 minutes your reverse will fail, mine only took 30 seconds, it already had the updated ECM, and I wasn't purposely trying to make it fail. Then take it in and get the part replaced. That's a less stressful solution than whining about it for a year and then worrying about it for the life of your quad. Good Luck breakin reverse.

Old 03-23-2005, 11:27 AM
Range Rover

Missing 35 days of riding so Suzuki can fix their mistake doesnt sound that great to me. I think Ill stick with the whining. I am glad however that your thrilled with prompt service you recieved.
Ill give them a little more time and hope they will do a recall. I know there is not much hope. Ill give it some time and hopefully my dealer a chance to practice on some one elses quad before I have my failure.

Old 03-24-2005, 01:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Since I don't have time to ride every day, I actually only missed about 3 or 4 days that I would normally ride. If the extended warranty costs $600 than Suzuki really payed me $150 per day to not ride. While I'm obviously not thrilled about not being able to ride for 5 weeks, I do think not having to worry about my quad breaking down over the next 4 years is worth the wait.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]