Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

New Eiger owner!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Eiger owner!!!

Well, i just recently bought a 2004 Eiger and i'm pretty impressed so far. I have read some articles on hear for a few months, but never joined til now. I have already upgraded the tires to the 26" Mud Lites, i removed the exhaust baffle, and i did the little airbox lid trick i found on here. I mainly only drove trucks off-road and currently the owner of a off-road crew named MUDDY TRAILS. But as things go, i realize it costs alot more to fix a 04 Dakota compared to a 04 Eiger. So i'm goin to start moddin this more, and leaving the truck alone. I already sank over $4000 in parts and accessories on the truck, so i figure i can throw a little towards the quad. I hope to learn alot here.

Old 03-29-2005, 07:11 AM
Range Rover

Congratulations on a great choice! I've only put about 200 miles or so on my '04 but I've enjoyed every single one of them!

Old 03-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Trailblazer

How do you like you jets??? I'm thinking about doin this soon. Also how much were your skids??? Thanks for any info

Old 03-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

Welcome..you'll be very impressed at how well the Eiger does compared to the bigger and more expensive quads....put a fuel filter on it though to save you from any troubles

Old 03-29-2005, 08:16 PM
Range Rover

Jetting it was a great choice. I did it in combination w/ the k&n and it did really well. Shortly after I added the pipe and now it's perfect.
Plus if you buy the jets individually from the dealer, then use a small washer as a spacer on your needle and you'll spend less than $10 for a couple jets instead of $50 for a jet kit. I think the full set of skids was around $250 or $275.

Old 03-29-2005, 10:09 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: LimpingLizard
Jetting it was a great choice. I did it in combination w/ the k&n and it did really well. Shortly after I added the pipe and now it's perfect.
Plus if you buy the jets individually from the dealer, then use a small washer as a spacer on your needle and you'll spend less than $10 for a couple jets instead of $50 for a jet kit. I think the full set of skids was around $250 or $275.
What size jet did you put in and do you have a part number. Also, does the new pipe make it much louder. I use mine in the fall for deer hunting and these things stock still make too much noise. Did you truly gain power or just better throttle response from a stop with your mods. Thanks

Old 03-30-2005, 07:00 AM
Range Rover

The jet number is a 135. It's not a Suzuki part but an actual Keihin part. I had to go to a Kawi dealer here to get it, they had a better supply. The pipe is deeper, but not really a whole lot louder. I'm old enough now that loud sounds annoy me. I actually sold my last motorcycle because the loud pipes gave me a headache.....
It definitely added to the power as well as the throttle response. It throws you back in your seat and spins the rear wheels a lot more (easier to steer with the throttle now).

Old 03-30-2005, 08:34 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: LimpingLizard
The jet number is a 135. It's not a Suzuki part but an actual Keihin part. I had to go to a Kawi dealer here to get it, they had a better supply. The pipe is deeper, but not really a whole lot louder. I'm old enough now that loud sounds annoy me. I actually sold my last motorcycle because the loud pipes gave me a headache.....
It definitely added to the power as well as the throttle response. It throws you back in your seat and spins the rear wheels a lot more (easier to steer with the throttle now).
Can I ask what elevation you normally ride in. I'm about 3500 feet. Did you just swap in the new main jet and adjust your air/fuel mixture screw in to maybe 1 1/4 turns out rather than the stock 2 1/4. thanks

Old 03-30-2005, 10:01 PM
Range Rover

I'm just under 1000 ft, so if you do similar mods you would probably jet a little less. I bought a 125, 130, and 135 and then just tried them all to get the best clean burn. I didn't have to adjust the air/fuel mixture screw.

Old 03-31-2005, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

You guys running shifters or autos? Best mod on an auto was an aftermarket oversize tires clutch.

Quick Reply: New Eiger owner!!!