Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Cooling System - Quadzilla

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling System - Quadzilla

Hey. Im going to buy a coolant gauge for My Quadzilla in a few minutes and was interested in a little help on the coolant system. I have a service manual so that should help with draining it but I figured with all the little tricks for quadzillas there would definatly be a few little tricks for getting the air bubbles out and such. Anything you can think of that might help let me know.

Almost forgot to add: anybody know what regular operating temperature for the Zilla should be around??

This is my first summer with it now that it is running right and has tires with tread so I figure a cheap safeguard to keep me from buring up my motor and costing money I dont have.

Old 03-31-2005, 05:38 PM
Trailblazer

If your system is drained, replace the drain plug.
1. Add 1/2 tube of Bars aluminum stop leak to your radiator tank.
2. Fill the tank with a 50/50 mix or you can just buy the premixed stuff.
3. Put your radiator cap on.
4. Start your machine. DO NOT wait for it to warm up. Take an 8mm open end wrench and loosen the bolt head next to your spark plug on the head. Keep it open until it stops bubbling air and is just running coolant out the top.
5. Tighten the bolt and turn your machine off.
6. Top off the coolant level. Be carful if you let her get too hot.
7. Start her up and let it idle for about five mins.

That's all folks.
Oops, That's for the 250. You should be able to just add coolant to your reserve bottle to top it off instead of removing the radiator cap again.

E

Old 04-01-2005, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

skip the bars leak that stuff is deadly to an engine, and now that it runs as you say keep and eye on you head nuts and cylinder base nuts make sure they are tight every few rides these zillas vibrate alot.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider

why would bars leaks be deadly to an engine...i ran it in my 250 for awhile until i could rebuild my water pump and it ran fine and did its job perfectly.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

that stuff can plug up the leaks but it will also plug up cooling tubes in the rad or other thnigs you want not pluged, when the tubes are pluged your motor cant cool like it should and will run hot and in the summer with no electric fan you can do damage when running slow for a period of time, just my 2 cents, its something to think about.

Old 04-01-2005, 11:42 AM
Trailblazer

I smell bull shi+.

Factory manual calls for it but then again, only if you have removed any of the water pump components. Run it in two LT250's and my 500. Never over heated or have experienced clogged lines.

$.02

Old 04-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

think what you want man but i would never put that stuff in any of my engines, if you have the money not to worry about engine damage go ahead. Also why would you need it anyways?

Old 04-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

my system runs without any leaks. Im just cutting a hole in the hose between the engine and the radiator and installing this gauge with a piece of anodized aluminum. I will probably replace the whole rubber tube while i am cutting it. I know that bubbles in the cooling system can cause problems. My uncle used to hang his in the air from the back to get the bubles out. I

Old 04-04-2005, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

the holes in the radiatior are almost half inch, you only put a tiny amount of that bars leaks stuff in, and its just another liquid...that stuff is not going to plug any big hole like that if the coolant gets circulated...

Old 04-06-2005, 04:21 AM
Pro Rider

i just dont understand why you guys need this bars leak stuff if you install your gaskets properly they dont leak, and ya the holes are half an inch one way but there like .100 the other way and if there is a slight build up from over the years the tubes could be even smaller so yes they could plug.

Quick Reply: Cooling System - Quadzilla