Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Who has this KING QUAD 5 YEAR warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has this KING QUAD 5 YEAR warranty?

Hello All I'm very confused with this New 5 YEAR WARRANTY, what is it? I have a 6 month warranty and I'm reading that people have a 5Y on some threads how did you get it and what does it cover on your KING QUAD? Am I missing out on something???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2005, 07:31 PM
Trailblazer

The 5 year warranty covers only the reverse if it fails. You must also have the updated ECM installed in your machine before the expiration of the 6mo warranty for the additional 52mo on the reverse.

A Vin of JSAAP41A_52115956 or higher gets you the updated reverse parts, and this warranty would not apply to you.

Old 04-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Range Rover

Im not sure that is correct. The scan I read just said 05's and did not exclude 05's with the new roller bearing.
I could be rong, correct me if I am.

Old 04-08-2005, 08:20 PM
Trailblazer

Here's that bulletin Bulletin page 2

Old 04-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Awsome info Bigcountry, I used your bulletin to confront my dealer and all he did was play stupid he tells me he has to call suzuki and ask them whats going on. What kind of dealer is that? He says he has to give me an answer on monday, we'll see what happens after that! Thank GOD for these forums or I would be stuck with a pricey repair. Thanks to all Forum members for the great info and tips. Hope to bump into some of you on the trails. And remember ALL MUD LEADS TO HEAVEN!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2005, 01:45 AM
Range Rover

Bigcountry, That is the same scan I read before. I still cannot see where it says late 05 kings are not covered by the warranty. Am I missing something?

Old 04-11-2005, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer

[i]

A Vin of JSAAP41A_52115956 or higher gets you the updated reverse parts, and this warranty would not apply to you.
Not correct. All 2005's are included regardless of having bushing or bearing. Hopefully the late model 2005's with the updated shaft and bearing will not need the warranty........guessing Suzuki did their homework on the fix.

Old 04-11-2005, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry for all the confusion, the bulletin does read "FOR ALL 2005 KINGQUADS" in paragraph 2, page 2 of the bulletin. In paragraph 1 it does say "to reassure current owner's of the early style Kingquads" and this of course is what I recalled when I wrote the initial reply.

I think it is bold for Suzuki to include even the updated models. Gives me confidence in Suzuki, because other manufacturers probably wouldn't have went that far.

Old 04-12-2005, 07:02 AM
Trailblazer

fufighter; received a letter from american suzuki corporation yesterday dated 4-6-05 stating that early model 05 kq that have had the mandatory ecm up date have a 5 yr warranty on the reverse idler gear and its related components. the warranty starts from date of purchase and is transferable to subsequent owners of the atv. the atv is warranted not the owner . so if this quad is sold 10 times in next 5 years it is still covered for these components. that is what the letter stated. now im guessing that later models after the magic vin # that have been updated at the factory would come with the standard 6 month warranty.

Old 04-12-2005, 01:22 PM
Trailblazer

Good info on the transferability. We already checked on the late model 2005's with the bearing (over on highlifter.com)......they are covered also........ALL 2005's are covered. The late model owners will have the best of both worlds - new shaft/bearing AND 5 year warranty. If you're shopping, make sure you buy a KQ with a higher serial number than the Suzuki Dealer Notice states (see post higher up in this thread for the number). If you have the bushing and old shaft, cross you fingers, ride the snot out of it and know that Suzuki will fix it if/when it breaks. When it comes time to sell, hopefully you won't get hit over the head with the flawed reverse design during negotiations.

Quick Reply: Who has this KING QUAD 5 YEAR warranty?