Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Inspected the underside of my KQ today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inspected the underside of my KQ today!

I was able to inspect the underside of my KQ today. The problem was, the underside was on TOP! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I was descending a hill with a right lean. The angle was tough but I thought I could hold it until the R side slipped a bit and the machine rolled. It ended up about 160 deg from upright. The angle it was sitting prevented me from pulling it upright. I thought this would be a great time to try my recovery skills with my newly installed winch. I had to drag it a few feet before I was able to get it back up. I have only had the KQ for a couple of months. No damage, just some scratches. I guess that first knick or scratch hurts the most. I am now past that and the fun is about to begin. Good times today in Utah! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Range Rover

Don't feel too bad! My buddie stood his king up on it's rear bumper a few weeks ago, it then feel back into the canal he was climbing out of... smashed the pod, and folded the bars! 1000 bucks in damage!

Be glad you got just a scratch!

Old 04-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Range Rover

Razor, what dealership has the "magic" number quads? Ive got some friends who are impressed with mine and will be interested.
Did you do your rolling out at 5 mile? Bummer man, but ya got to break them in some how.

Old 04-10-2005, 09:44 PM
ELF
Weekend Warrior

I have not had my quad upside down "yet" but i did have to crawl under it to put the skid plate back on after a big rock that i hit.I have 300 miles on my KingQuad and do not regret my purchuse.No problems with reverse but the way this quad goes who needs reverse?Range Rover Montana, i live in glasgow and wonder were you are from?I have not responded to many forums but i like to read them all.Good riding to all and have a blast!

Old 04-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer

Kingme...I bought both from Salt Lake Suzuki/Honda. The second one I am picking up this next weekend. They did not have the exact one but will have by Saturday. Tom was who I was dealing with. Karl is my good friend in the Service Dept with his son Craig working there also. Yup...it was out at 5 mile. Thought I had made it but it slipped and dropped the last second. Was like slo-mo. Wish I had a camera with me. I broke a major rule....never ride alone. It was a good thing that tree was pretty close. I guess that is another "excuse" to get another KQ and make sure someone goes with me! I really didn't have to talk the wife into it much...she was already there. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

ELF... There are many places to ride here. Lots of mountains and/or lots of desert. I live 45 minutes south of Salt Lake. Kingme and I probably live 5 minutes apart but have yet to put a face with the type. My 20 hr checkup is nearing quickly. Have Fun!

Old 04-13-2005, 02:47 AM
Range Rover

we are not too far apart...I live in Sidney! You'll have to let me know what you guys drive on up there! We have two atv clubs in Sidney and one of our trips is bound to take us your way!

Old 04-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Range Rover

I rolled mine 5 times down this steep mountain and bent the rear rack and handlebars. I would of made it if i had only seen these layed down logs. I'm amazed at how well it climbs. If i was rich i would love to try it again.

Old 04-15-2005, 10:40 AM
ELF
Weekend Warrior

Monzuki we ride out by Fort peck lake and south in the adobe hills.We are going to Zortman Mt. in the little rockies on may 20th to the 23rd.It is a lot of fun and you are welcome to come.We don't have any clubs just a bunch of friends riding together.How are the trails by Sidney?Good riding and have fun.

Old 04-15-2005, 11:41 PM
Range Rover

Sidney has very few trails...but we ride on private land. The canal is open for half the year too, and it is a blast to tear down going from bank to bank and jumping out! There is one open area near here...outside of Glendive...it is completely open you can ride on everything in a 2.5 square mile area! That area is checkerboarded with blm land that has "designated trails" that go for 10 to 15 miles out and back. We have a riverbottom ride on the yellowstone..private land that weekend...I've been to zortman! We have an overnight ATV trip planned at the end of AUG. at fort peck...just have not decided where yet... or which of the two weeks....