Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

The new King Quad is the new standard in ATV's.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The new King Quad is the new standard in ATV's.

After another weekend of riding, I cannot get enough of the new King Quad. It is so much more fun to ride than any other Utility ATV. It does everything well, from fast riding to very technical trails. Everyone wants to ride it and they don't want to give it up when they do. I think it is the new standard that everything else must be judged against - it's that good.

Old 04-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

Actrite...let me be the first to say...amen! I know....because I have one!

Old 04-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

Just pray your reverse gear does'nt grenade.

Old 04-18-2005, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: scottd
Just pray your reverse gear does'nt grenade.
Very pessimistic outlook to a fabulous ATV - don't you think? What if it never fails, why worry about it.

Old 04-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

Actrite, I have been noticing that no matter what you say to some people they are going to have their opinions. In another thread, some guy was saying that the K.Q. was a little lacking in the low end. He must have been dreaming....this thing is an animal in the low end...and mine is still in the break in period! I really wonder what kind of riding some of these guys are doing. Here in eastern Wa. There are alot of trails and combination rocky, muddy gravel with lots of hills, mountains...really just about anything you want. I have heard about guys torqueing the machine until the reverse goes out then blame it on the manufacturer. If guys want a bike to act like a sports model...then go buy one. However, and I say this in all honesty...this machine (the K.Q.) truly does "all things well"!

Old 04-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

I will possibly buy one when they are sure the reverse prob. is fixed, you should be able to torque the snot out of them to get out of a hole in reverse with out the worry of blowing out the bearing or should I say bushing. They are sport utes they should be tougher than a sport quad. I do believe that this bike does everything well, but I wont spend that much money on a quad that may have a serious prob. like that. If it was a fuel prob. or some other prob. that could be fixed easily with out totally dissmantling a new machine I would own one ,maybe in 06 . I do wish you KQ owners the best of luck it is an awesome looking and handling machine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

I took alook at one yesterday at the dealership it was up on a Ramp so you could see everything. OR lack of Everything , looked very cheaply built .Small front end would be mashed up very easily in the rocks and iron mud but put some armour on it and givver.
See how they stand up in the long run those shocks are a little ahh well wait to see.
I am not bashing just a comment.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:54 AM
Trailblazer

I have one, its awesome! All i hear about is this reverse gear crap, I spoke to the local mechanic who I might add is awesome. He said its because people hold onto the override switch and tear it up in reverse for like 2 minutes. Who the hell in their right mind would do that. If your stuck that bad get a winch for god sakes.

Cheaply built? I dont think so. its rock solid as far as Im concerned. But we all have our opinions which is fine.

Low end throttle, yeah maybe a little sluggish, but a quick mod chip install and fuel map change can fix that.

I would highly recommend one they are stable. The BF kawa is also very nice, I think is an alternative.

Old 04-22-2005, 04:42 PM
Trailblazer

If you like a quad with IRS then yes the King Quad is a new standard, but I prefer the solid axle of the Kawasaki Prairie. The power is awesome and so much fun to ride, with the mods we have done to my dads prairie we haven't run into a utility quad that can keep up. We primarily ride it in the dunes and it does awesome.

Old 04-22-2005, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think someone saying it lacks low end power is a slam.....it just is what it is.As far as the reverse going out since when does a machine not have to hold up as well in reverse as it does in forward???...that is just silly.
I was ready to get one as soon as they came out but am glad I waited.I don't have blind faith to any one maker like alot of people do on here ( insert Honda guy here).I have had Yamahas,Kaws and Suzukis.
Now that the issue has been corrected I would reconsider one.You just know there will be changes to the 06....there are always improvements on ANY model.That could be anything from changing a plastic piece to reprogramming electronics.
Last but not least.....IT'S A MACHINE......IT'S PLASTIC,STEEL AND ALUMINUM...THATS ALL....It does not have a soul or feel pain....for petes sake sometimes you would think you were talking about someones mother.....
Sorry...just had to vent.
02 650 camo

Quick Reply: The new King Quad is the new standard in ATV's.