Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

z400 Stereo System =P

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 10:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z400 Stereo System =P

Haha well since I was like 5 I've loved taking stuff apart and seeing what I can do with things. So I got to thinking and took apart some Polk Desktop speakers and thought it would be pretty cool to mount them on my quad haha, thing is I dont know how much power it would drain, the speakers are like 2" in diameter and theres two (so loud for that small its awsome) so i made my own power cable to hook into the wall so i got them working, i can easily install them into my quad but yea...not sure how much power it would use...first off has anyone done something like this so mabye you would give me a basic idea haha? The purpose is for like when I'm stopping to take a break or something I could enjoy some music =P Of course i could go buy some walkman speakers or something but I want it to be cooler then that jeesh haha, and I want it to be able to plug right into my mp3 player so i have easy access to any song i want [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], any help would be great...if none just comment on how you think this would work out haha.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

I dont think it would work too well. Your quad is too loud so you would be able to enjoy it much.

Old 06-09-2005, 12:39 AM
Range Rover

Haha I meant when I stop because I often do for breaks or something and to cool my quad down, so like when I'm eating I could have something to listen to haha.

Old 06-09-2005, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

haha that would be bada$s if ya got that hooked up but im not shure how u would do it sry bro[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

I'm assuming the speakers are powered (ie plug into the wall). Look on the power adapter (wall wart), is it a 12V? If it doesn't have an adapter, just a straight wire to the outlet from the speaker, look on the speaker for the power rating. If it's at 12V you're in business. You just have to come to the DC side of the power adapter (transformer if it's inside the speaker) and wire up a 12v lighter adapter, then get a Y adapter, plug your mp3 player into one side and the speakers into the other. If the speakers are on 9 or 6V you're going to have to get a little creative and drop the 12V source to the voltage required for the speakers. You can buy adjustable cig lighter power adapters for 15bux or so at Radio Crack (You've got questions, we've got that stupid look on our face) or Wally world. Don't worry about Amperage requirements as long as your new power adapter is over the mA rating of the existing power adapter. The speakers will only draw as much current as they need. If you feed it the wrong voltage or too little mA then you'll start frying things. Just remember, if you let the magic smoke out of the chips, they're no good anymore.

Old 06-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Range Rover

Haha, yea. Smoke ain't good [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] But I got the speakers all hooked up, I had to make a chip so i could control volume and subwoofer and all that, didn't take long, so i hooked that to the battery and one cord to my mp3 and one to the speakers and it worked. Pretty cool for something I just thought of but I want bigger and better haha, im thinking of putting the two 6"x9" sony xplod speakers that i have in the truck (spare) on it sometime but i would need a small amp and soem more power...so I think i'll do it to one of the utilities, make one of them a bad a$$ quad haha.

Old 06-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

you know it would be really awsome if like you had a quiete core or something on your pipe and you hade some really loud speakers and just listened while you were riding lol. And seriously even if your just going to use this when you stop you should mold them into you fenders kind of like in a car there are some on the doors. And just seal off the backs.

Old 06-10-2005, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have the Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  you can get the little speakers that are ment for the Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  and it takes two AA batteries. Little speakers but make alot of sound.

Old 06-10-2005, 12:44 PM
Range Rover

Yea I know but I dont like those speakers, I got better on the quad right now, two Polk 2" in the back and two 3"x5" Sonys in the front lol, I'm putting the Xplods on the Bomb 400 MAX though so I think i could actually hear them while driving since its pretty quite.

bl4cksh337, Yea that's what was thinking, seal the back with the back of what they came in, just modified them a lot, so theres a hole for air, and put a lot of that cloth stuff, so its all good, and for the front i did the same but i used the two holes on the side front, I don't know if I want to actually do it though, I'll do it when I get my new plastics probably. But I did do the front because it didnt need to tear much apart.