Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KQ aftermarket radiator

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KQ aftermarket radiator

Does anyone know of an aftermarket radiator for the King Quad? If so, are they worth purchasing? Thanks.

Old 06-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

Right now I don't think that there is one, but on one of the other forums I was told that there might be a universal one that can be mounted on the rack similar to what some are doing with the Grizzly. I will stick with the stock unless a decent priced factory fit one comes out. I plan to add water wetter to mine, or something similar.

Old 06-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Why would you want one? I doubt the Suzuki engineers purposely put too small a radiator on the King so it would burn up. Mine has yet to overheat, but the fan does run, and I'm happy to know it's working right. If you're having overheat problems, make sure the radiator is clean by LOOKING at each row of fins, not just hosing it out with a waterhose and thinking you've got it.

If it is dirty, and you like mudding, consider making shrouds that block off the sides of the radiator so the tires can't pack it full of mud. I used a real estate sign, cut it in half and had two pieces of light gauge sheet metal to work with. If that isn't enough, how about a cooler thermostat, or no thermostat at all? If anything, I would hunt up a larger fan and replace the stock fan, but I wouldn't change the radiator. Motors need a certain amount of heat in order to function correctly and make the most power, i.e. 195 to 220 degrees. Have you noticed the new auto's all come with thermostats that keep them in the 220+ range all the time? It's because they're most efficient there.