Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Quadracer Clutch Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quadracer Clutch Troubles

The clutch on my quadracer is f'd up. It won't disengage. I pull in the lever and nothing happens.(I know its not adjusted wrong I'm not that dumb) It doesnt snap back nor can i shift into gear. Im pretty sure it needs to be braught in but i thought id hear from you guys.

Thanks

Old 07-31-2005, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man your having your share of problems! What do you mean you nothing happens. Does the clutch lever have tension on it? Does it pull back on its own or can you move the lever back and forth freely. like the clutch is not releasing? If something broke dont run the engine you could do damage if one of the basket ears broke. Just drain the oil and remove your clutch housing bolts make sure you disconect clutch cable completely so you can alow the arm to fully turn to release cover once you got the cover off. You can see the clutch and see whats going on inside. You remove the six bolts on the clutch and you can then remove your springs and inspect your gears remove the inner hub and all the clutch plates tusk makes a cheap kit around 30 bucks from rockymountain comes with new springs there is not much to it. Its very basic you can handle it if you can turn a wrench.

Old 07-31-2005, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Ya I got sold a lemon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]. Itl be worth it once its all fixed up though. Yes the clutch lever moves freely back and forth. Its like the clutch cable snapped but I know it didnt. Everything works up until the transmission. I'm just going to bring it in instead of trying to fix it myself and breaking something else.(Might give it a shot though) It seems like it would be something simple because if i put it in gear its still the same as it was before it went (wont push forward unless pushed hard) Its like a cable on the inside broke on it. Would pushing the arm on the transmission to far forward mess anything up? If so this is probably what caused it. Also, all I have to do is drain the oil? I thought I might need to drain the radatior fluid to (Im probably wrong though). Thanks for your help with my pos (still starts first kick atleast)

Old 07-31-2005, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you take it to a shop they will hose you. It is very easy I would be happy to walk you through it. Just drain the oil and remove the housing bolts is it a 91 lt250? If you really get stuck you can email me a phone number and I will walk you through it It is really a basic engine you can handle it there are just a few things to know. If you disconnect the clutch cable are you able to turn the arm with a pair of pliers the arm should move towards the front of the bike and you should feel the clutch springs compress??

Old 08-01-2005, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

Think I'm just going to bring it in. I'm know the guy thats going to work on it and he's usually super cheap. Yup I can feel the springs compress when I turn it I tried to move the arm over a few notchs seemed to help a little but I think there might be something else to. Dunno going to mess with it alittle more tomorrow to see if I can figure it out before I bring it in.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Drain the oil and radiator fluid and pull that clutch cover! Buy a shop manual if you would like first. You don't have much to lose if you were already planning on bringing it in. I have a feeling this might be a fairly simple fix, although you may be buyiing some parts.