Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

How to make LTZ250 Sport Quad get More Power?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to make LTZ250 Sport Quad get More Power?

Alright, the Suzuki new LTZ250 ATV is rather popular, and it leans towards the 'wife or girlfriend' bike. But I was told I can make performance modifacations to it for more power when I was ready... I'm more than ready and I have not seen much at all. Any good solid suggestions, besides purchasing a different quad, on how to get more legal power for it, and which products? I love the dunes and going up big hills can be a little tough on that bike, so more power would help along with more snap.

Old 09-23-2005, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know much about the bike but You could start off with an air filter and an exhaust system.

Old 09-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Pinkkid
Alright, the Suzuki new LTZ250 ATV is rather popular, and it leans towards the 'wife or girlfriend' bike. But I was told I can make performance modifacations to it for more power when I was ready... I'm more than ready and I have not seen much at all. Any good solid suggestions, besides purchasing a different quad, on how to get more legal power for it, and which products? I love the dunes and going up big hills can be a little tough on that bike, so more power would help along with more snap.
welcome to the site doood!

Old 09-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You can bore the carb

Old 09-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

Forgot to say welcome. BTW try this site and have a look at their goodies www.rockymountainatv.com and do a search on e-bay.

Old 09-23-2005, 05:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I found out I can do a Twin Air Filter and White Bros E2 Exhaust... My husband took off the arrestor/restrictor last night and it was definetly getting more fuel and louder :-) He put on a new LRD exhaust for his YZF450 and we thought maybe we could use the old YFZ exhaust on mine.. but after looking at things that won't work. I just hope that IF I do all this, might even get a big bore kit(250 to 273cc) that it'll be the power that I'm looking for, and I'm looking for much really, just enough to go up the dune hills better and get a little more air at the top, know what I mean!! :-) Thank you all!

Old 09-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

LOL I am a dooooooodette! :-)
thanks!

Old 09-24-2005, 01:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dunbarr
welcome to the site doood!
sorry doodet...my bad

Old 09-24-2005, 01:38 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I found out I can do a Twin Air Filter and White Bros E2 Exhaust... My husband took off the arrestor/restrictor last night and it was definetly getting more fuel and louder :-) He put on a new LRD exhaust for his YZF450 and we thought maybe we could use the old YFZ exhaust on mine.. but after looking at things that won't work. I just hope that IF I do all this, might even get a big bore kit(250 to 273cc) that it'll be the power that I'm looking for, and I'm looking for much really, just enough to go up the dune hills better and get a little more air at the top, know what I mean!! :-) Thank you all!
where are you going to find a boreing kit?

Old 09-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

The bore kit I found in the back of Dirt Wheels Magazine, August 2005 issue; Mickey Dunlaps's Four-Stroke Tech of Hyndman Pennsylvania. Says he's a 273cc Big Bore for the Suzuki 250 Quad Sport for $295. Does specifcally say LTZ though and I have tried calling and he has some crazy hours and his machine does not take recorded messages. I plan on talking to the guys at out atv shop and see what they say about everything. I have a baaaaad feeling I'll be trading the 250 in and getting something totally differnent, just didn't wanna do that.

Quick Reply: How to make LTZ250 Sport Quad get More Power?