Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Noob seeking snow plow advice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 01:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob seeking snow plow advice?

Getting close to winter time & I need to purchase a snow plow kit for my manual 06' Eiger. I will be using the mounted Warn 2.5 winch to lift/lower the blade. I have a fairly steep, long asphalt driveway. My questions:

1. Is a 60" blade too large for a 400cc machine?
2. Which plow mount can be left on all season & not hinder ground clearance terribly?
3. Which model, Warn, CC, Moose, City Slicker, etc.. is the slickest/easiest to install?

Local dealer sells Cycle Country brand & quoted me $399 + tax for mount, 48" blade & push tube. Can I beat that by ordering online somewhere?

Been shoveling by hand past few years which stinks. Anything has to beat that [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Appreciate any help from those who plow,

HS

Old 10-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

I will be plowing for the first time this winter too. I have an 05 King Quad with Warn 2.5i and a 48" Warn plow. I have not installed it yet but it looks straight forward. I was impressed with Warn's monting bracket--very low profile and relativley light. I will be comfortable leaving it on for all the riding I do EXCEPT the Black Hills, just too many huge rocks and downed trees, I need to be able to slide over stuff. I got my Warn for $380 including 7% tax from the Suzuki dealer (ordered as Warn not Suzuki but they are one and the same, + 10% discount). I looked at Cycle Country but they were too expensive for me, plus I have nothing but good experiences with Warn and since it is the genuine Suzuki one figured it would have the cleanest installation on my specific model.

If anyone has plowing tips I would love to hear them.

Bryce

Old 10-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

i got a 48in blade on my Eiger...60in blade could be a little much for the Eiger, also I have a cycle country plow and it's easy to get on and off...just 2 pins and a strap...it's easy to put the mounts on also, just remove 4 bolts and put them on...number 1 thing for me to plowing..."if your gonna go, go all the way"....once i'm pushing a lot of snow...i just go....there's no stoppin till the end...lol...you'll have a ton of fun on it...you'll be praying for snow