Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Oulander 800 or King Quad

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oulander 800 or King Quad

I think you have a dealer problem! We have two Suzuki dealers in our area,and both give excellent service..this is own several Suzuki's that I have owned....

Old 10-11-2005, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are other things to consider here...I have heard about price, weight and looks. My question is, where are they going to draw the line on "the biggest" machine? A friend just bought a Polaris 800, for no other reason than he wanted the biggest...is he dissapointed? He won't say. I know this...Polaris apparently cannot make a lighter machine. They are all tanks, apparently they believe in the American truism: the bigger the better. This is NOT always true. The point for me is this: the K.Q. does all things well. 700cc's is plenty big for me. I recently shot a 300lb. black bear in a "hole". Had no problem getting in or out...with a large bruin on the machine. I have heard about a low end problem. Not on mine! I don't see one. Get the king...you won't be sorry.

Old 10-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

One thing to consider is the Warranty on all these new machines, Like most guys has said ALL these new machines are going to have recalls,and issues. The Outlander comes with a 3 year warranty, that alone maybe worth the extra coin.

Bigger.

Old 10-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

i would go with the bomb 800, no questions asked, i have the KQ 700 and have been very disappointed with it, had it less than a week and the 4x4 servo motor went out, in shop for over 2 weeks, KQ also lacks power in the bottom end, but if you want to try the KQ i would sell you mine and i will go out and buy the Bomb 800, i was told by local bombardier dealer the outlander has 65 HP, my KQ has less than 30HP, this in a no brainer

that 30 horse on the king is at the rear wheels. the 62 on the outlander is at the motor. the king probably has around 45 or so at the motor.

Old 10-11-2005, 01:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

prolly shud git the bomba, i herd that yer bruthr waz gettin' a kq, wud mak fer gud compitishun, 'n ya prolly need the xtra hp to hawl yer big backside around...

Old 10-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

Thanks for the posts everyone. Now it is decision time.

ovrcr,
It is nice to see that you have been attending class and can now read and write to some degree. I may just get that outi 800 cause I know I will need something big to pull your big backside out when you get stuck. Notice 'when' not 'if'.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Get back to work.....

Old 10-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

I've been seeing ads for the Outtie coming with a 5 year warranty for a limited time.

Personally speaking from experience, I would definitely go with the Outlander. Even if it cost 5 grand more than the competition. But it doesn't, which makes it a better deal.

I've had several Suzuki's over the years and every one has had a frame issue. To me, this shows a history of Suzuki NOT fixing a problematic area for over 20 years.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing Suzuki. They just have some issues, like all manufacturers, to work out.

Old 10-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Lep7mm...What kind of riding are you doing to have so many frame issues? Most of the guys that truly experience those types of issues are abusing the machine. Not accusing you...I have just never heard much about that.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

most of the riding that I have done while riding Suzuki's was mostly trail riding and riding in gravel pits. Ever since the first Quadracer and Quadsport came out in '85, there have been frame issues. It's one thing to have couple break or fracture due to abuse or aggressive riding. But to have significant numbers break or fracture is a sign the design needs improvement.

After reading several of your recent posts, you certainly seem biased towards anything other than Suzuki. There's no need to vindicate your purchase of a Suzui product by pointing out that you found other manufacturer's have had recalls. They all have recalls. The only best machine that currently exists is the one that fits you the best. In your case, it was the KQ. There is no need to rip on one brand for the recalls.

Recalls are a sign the issues are being addressed and products are being improved.

Old 10-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Cardiac I would at least ride a P700.That does not cost a thing.I have learned my lesson about buying first year models.......... I am sure for 06 the KQ is well on it's way to having things ironed out.The speed is nice but not everything.On a road I can smoke ALL my buddies (Grizzs,SP700's etc) but on the trails they pretty much hang in there.The power is nice on hills though.
02 650 camo

Quick Reply: Oulander 800 or King Quad