Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Oulander 800 or King Quad

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oulander 800 or King Quad

....I have never paid MSRP on any vehicle! Trucks(which I buy every two years)are Cars (which I buy every three years) Motorcycles,Atvs, and outboard motors! I only buy what I need,and never buy what I want,you always pay two much!!!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2005, 02:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: stocks
CaptainQuint,

Your friend sounds like he did it right!
He didn't do everything right. He got screwed by the dealer on the reverse issue. Blew out in his driveway when he was backing it out of his garage.

Old 10-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

im the proud owner of the king quad how could you get any better than the atv of the year in 7 magazines. oh yeah i had the fun of pull out a 800 cause if choked through a nice size mud pond. and that was after my king ripped through there like the champ it is

Old 10-15-2005, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was that a Polaris are a Bomb?

Old 10-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Trailblazer

>I'm not about to start an arguement because I know the Bomb 800 is a better big bore quad, But I don't think someone who doesn't own a KQ or an Outty 800 should be >making asumptions. There's still a lot of plus' the King Quad has over the Outty 800 ecspecially bang for the buck. The Outty isn't perfect..just read the review Actrite found.

The entire issue can be summed up in there is no such thing as a Perfect Quad... unless it is "perfect" for you, and your needs. That does not make it perfect for some one else who has other requirements. This entire waste of space was caused by a few people who went from one "forum" to another, posting the same half-witted remarks, trying to cause a firestorm... To "pretend" that that was not the reason for the posts is dis-ingenous at best. I purchased the Bomb for a certain set of needs, that probably differer greatly from others, but that in no way says that the KQ, or the Polaris, or the Artic Cat does not fill the bill just fine for others. To rely on "reviews" by people might have an ax to grind, or may have had a unique experience is useless, and only you... can say that a particular machine is just right... for YOU. If a lot of people have had a bad experience.. like the Polaris 800 melting down it's plastic, you may want to take that into consideration, and either wait until a problem is fixed, or avoid the product.... If in your personal opinion, the undercarriage of an ATV looks vulnerable, then by all means... put armor on the underside.. its avaliable everywhere, or do not buy the product... but to start cutting down something, telling everyone that "Yours is bigger" to me just indicates that you have not left the play ground, and probably should not be intrusted in with something that moves, period.

Old 10-15-2005, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

Sparky...great post. What i feel needs to be added is this: without some of the posts that borderline "critical rhetoric" , there can be no real discourse. The reason: without crticism these sites become communistic. In other words...make it positive OR we shut you down. I really did SEE a cause for concern in the undercarraige of the Outlander. All of the machines that i have ever owned OR considered buying had protection there. The Brute Force has suffered some complaints from owners due to a accumilation of debris in this area of the bike. Sooo if I state a possible concern for potential owners ; how is that hurting anyone. It is because I went into the Bombardier site and started to addess this that i got some very positive input that helped me to see it differently. However, there were the guys that are so "small" that any comment that is not favorable is met with attack. Without addressing some of this stuff...this site is doomed to become shallow, myopic and worst of all: fake. Lets take ALL comments as long as they are not crude, obscene or nonsensical and give them a listen.

Old 10-16-2005, 08:33 AM
Weekend Warrior

The KQ is a VERY NICE ATV,I know,I own one...But after an extensive ride on the new 800 Bomb,I'll soon be owning one of those [as soon as it makes it to the dealership].

I've never been on a utility ATV that impresses me as much as the new 800 from Bomb..

Old 10-16-2005, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

MUDDY...I know that it is named a "utility" however...i cannot find ANYONE that is using this machine in a utility situation. This has me a little nervous. I too am looking at this machine . However....with NO utility users out there, It's starting to look like a sport...in a utility body. Just an observation. What do you think?

Old 10-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE
The KQ is a VERY NICE ATV,I know,I own one...But after an extensive ride on the new 800 Bomb,I'll soon be owning one of those [as soon as it makes it to the dealership].

I've never been on a utility ATV that impresses me as much as the new 800 from Bomb..
I agree 100% !

Old 10-16-2005, 05:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a friend that uses his new 800 as a utility ATV..There is also a guy at HIGHLIFTER.COM that goes by the name of La-Migreta or something like that,and he has used his as a utility also,and there's been plently more too.Go to ATVQUADSQUAD.COM and there's a few guys in the Bomb section over there that have put their 800s thru the wringer.

I PERSONALLY beleive that this new 800 will be a great benefit to utility and sport users because of its sharp suspension and powerful engine.Im buying the 2 seater and I want a sporty ride AND a powerful engine..I beleive you'll get a modest amount of both with this ATV.