Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Anyone had problem with rear bushings on King Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone had problem with rear bushings on King Quad?

I took my King Quad to the dealer the other day to have the recalls taken care of. While I was there a guy was unloading 2 of them and they both had the same problem - side to side movement on the rear wheels. Now I've got the same problem. What is up with this? How much will it cost to fix it and will the other side be going out too? Has anyone else had this problem?

Old 11-16-2005, 08:09 AM
Trailblazer

..wow ..The KingCrap is really turning out to be just that !!!! Get ready for recall # 4,5,6, & 7

Old 11-16-2005, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hay as long as they "FIX" the problem what more can you ask for, I know thats a big IF, but if they do then I dont care how many recalls there are.

I will be sure to check out my two kings, we used the heck out of them for hunting.

Old 11-17-2005, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do you mean buy "Side to side" movement?......Is the rear axle out of its housing?....What??.....

Old 11-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

Looks and sounds like this might be another issue with these machines.. Mine is in the shop for the same problem. Its almost like a spent wheel bearing but you can see the upper arm moving around in the mount....its definitly a spent bushing.. Both sides are gone on mine.

Old 11-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

ZZ,

I am in the market for my first quad and know all about the '05 KQ and what it has to offer and what has gone wrong. Even with all of that said I still am considering an '06. Would you buy one (an '06) if you had it to do all over again? If not what quad would you get that has as much as the KQ's features and sportiness for around the same price? (so no Bomb 800)

ps
nice video!

Old 11-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pwillie
What do you mean buy "Side to side" movement?......Is the rear axle out of its housing?....What??.....

There is some movement side to side in the rear wheel. When you stand beside the 4 wheeler and put your hands on top of the tire and move it side to side there is some movement, maybe 1/3 to 1/2" of play.
I have determined that mine is the bushings on the upper control arm on the left side of the ATV. I noticed this because when I was riding it felt as if the bolts on the wheel were loose or something.
I don't see anything about a recall on this. When I was at the dealership to have the recalls taken care of there were two guys that were there with the same problem.
The bushings are $15.00 each list price. I think I will attempt to do the work myself, it doesn't appear too tough.
As much as I like this 4 wheeler I must say I am a little disappointed in the constant recalls and problems I am reading about and that are popping up on mine.
One thing I had done while I was having the recalls done is to have the CV boots on the back replaced. I had both of them punctured by sticks that get in there.
My recommendation to everyone is to put the A-Arm add on's on it. I have put them on the rear and I am thinking of putting them on the front. Has anyone had problems with the front CV boots?

Old 11-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: stocks
ZZ,

I am in the market for my first quad and know all about the '05 KQ and what it has to offer and what has gone wrong. Even with all of that said I still am considering an '06. Would you buy one (an '06) if you had it to do all over again? If not what quad would you get that has as much as the KQ's features and sportiness for around the same price? (so no Bomb 800)

ps
nice video!
ZZ, Even with the problems I've had I would still buy a King Quad. I have had mostly Honda's and although they are more reliable they just aren't as fun to ride. The King is fun to ride.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

I agree, The ride the King gives is great. It is a fantastic ride on the trails.. I never get tired on it.

stocks, For the money,the king quad is a great deal. I think if i were to do it again, I would never buy a first year machine . doesnt matter what manufacturing company it is...they all use us as ginny pigs.
If the Suzuki works out the kinks , I would probably get another one. Dont get me wrong...this is a fun machine to ride. I think for the money,its hard to beat.
Zig

Old 11-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

Zig & actrite,

Thanks, I appreciate it. I am still considering an '06 KQ and although it isn't a 1st yr model anymore I'm really not sure if they have worked out many kinks.....I guess time will tell. I think they upgraded the tie rods but the thing that scares me the most are the new possible claims that the blue smoke may not be fixed with a simple air filter. I think if it wasn't for that then it would be close to a def for me.

Quick Reply: Anyone had problem with rear bushings on King Quad?