Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

lowering kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005 | 07:28 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default lowering kit

went riding at the (river rampage) with alot of the ds riders(forum members). choosetolose's cousin had a 06 kfx with the durablue front lowering kit. man did it look good.he said it also helped to keep the front end down, he also turn his shock springs all the way down. i asked if it rode rough, he said no. i'm getting ready to order a set (65$) so when i get it on i'll let you know. has anyone else tried this kit?

Old 11-20-2005 | 07:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default lowering kit

It sucks ***** on jumps though. Usually only used for flat track/TT racing. If you jump, still not good, you should try to land flat.

Old 11-20-2005 | 11:26 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default lowering kit

does it take the suspention out of the front? i'm not going to buy it if it sucks,i trail ride alot and i love how my kfx handles.

Old 11-21-2005 | 12:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default lowering kit

Originally posted by: kawiking
does it take the suspention out of the front? i'm not going to buy it if it sucks,i trail ride alot and i love how my kfx handles.
Yeah, with your riding style, the lowering kit isn't a great idea. Trust me, you'll regret it forever!

Old 11-21-2005 | 01:22 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default lowering kit

thanks for the info,i'll prob. stay with my set up then. thats why i always ask around!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

what does it do to the suspention? i do want it lower and wider but i don't want to lose my ride.

i'd like to get my hands on the new 450 front suspention. aftermarket suspention his high as hell, not worth that much to me.

Old 11-21-2005 | 08:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default lowering kit

Originally posted by: kawiking
thanks for the info,i'll prob. stay with my set up then. thats why i always ask around!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

what does it do to the suspention? i do want it lower and wider but i don't want to lose my ride.

i'd like to get my hands on the new 450 front suspention. aftermarket suspention his high as hell, not worth that much to me.
The Elka shocks are the best. They have a great setup, especially for the trail riding. But if you don't want to spend that much on shocks, then get the 450 shocks. I haven't ridden one yet but I have heard good things about them. My friend has a 470 big-bored YFZ450, and he still has the stock shocks on. He says it is perfect. Good luck. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2005 | 03:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default lowering kit

kawiking, i wouldn't take this kind of advice from someone who desn't have any expierience with this. in fact, he doesn even own a quad.

before you make your descision, wait until someone with a lowering kit replies.

Old 11-21-2005 | 06:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default lowering kit

I wouldnt say I'm sticking up for him, but someone can be knowledgable and have experience with quads, regardless if they own one.

Old 11-21-2005 | 09:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default lowering kit

Why would u wanna jump with a lowering kit? Lowering kits are mainly for racing, they help you leave the line faster by not pulling the front up. As for choosetolose's cousin i could see why he has a kit on his and I have to say I love chosse's bike =) nice set up scott. Alot of people say they are rough riding but actually in my opion there about the same as stock suspension. It all depends on your riding conditions if u wanna get it or not ( trails, racing, jumping) I can still pull a wheelie if i try hard enough to, u always will be able to pull one unless u have a +10 swing arm

Old 11-21-2005 | 09:34 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default lowering kit

choose's cousin said it rode good, i'm thinking about it because when i race on sand. if im not up on the bars the front comes up and then i have to get out of it. i watched his cousin's and it would only come up alittle. thats what i want. my prob. is a do alot of trail riding and i don't want to end up breaking or twisting anything or have something break and put me in a tree!!

i know they are for racing and i don't do any big jumps( to old for that) my prob. is riding hard on trails. thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply: lowering kit