Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Vinson - Maintenance questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 12:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinson - Maintenance questions

Hello all, I have a 2005 Vinson LE auto that is just awesome. It does everything I want and more. I’ve wanted a quad since I was 12 and finally got one last yr (now 29). It’s only got about 300 miles on it and I’m sure there are some things that need adjusted. The dealer gave it it’s first servicing at around the 10-20 hr range. There are a couple issues/annoyances I have that I was hoping one of you could help me with. I don’t have the shop manual yet (it’s on order) so I thought you could help me out in the mean time.

1.) Sometimes I have difficultly putting it into Park. I’ll come back from riding, move the shifter over and it just won’t go into it. The ‘shifter linkage’ probably needs adjusted but need details.

2.) When I start it up and before I put it in gear the engine revs to high. I’ve got to slow it down before putting it in gear or it grinds (don’t want to do that). Once it is in gear it’s fine. I’m assuming the idle speed needs adjusted. Is this the **** on the left side?

3.) When going down steep hills it seems like it wants to stall. I’ve got to give it some gas to keep it running. I’m assuming this is a carb adjustment.

4.) I’m looking at getting 26” tires. What is the biggest/widest tire that will fit on the stock rims?

Sorry if some of these questions sound basic but I’m new to the atving world and don’t want to pay the dealer all that money to fix this stuff which I s/b able to do myself.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinson - Maintenance questions

To put it in park you have to step on the footbrake. That does sound like your idle speed. The idle screws on what ever side the carbs on..sorry i dont know offhand. The middle number in the tire size is the rim width, just try and get one thats close. Happy trails.