z400 vs 400ex

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 03:35 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default z400 vs 400ex

Originally posted by: strongtyerYFZ Doug Gust has beaten yfz's and trx's with it. Of course not stock but that does show it has potential, huh? I dont see any pro's riding 400ex's. Of course honda has their 450R and all suzuki has or... had was the Z before the R450.

He could outrun me on a Z250 yet you Suzuki guys think 2 hp really makes a difference? Anyway, you can make any quad run if you have enough money, but Honda will sponsor their flagship. And that's not the EX anymore.

Personally, I think they are both decent quads. But my EX will run hot on a sunny 85+ F if I can't run it fast enough to get a breeze going over the motor. Does fine as long as I keep moving. Never heard of anyone's engine siezing or anything because of heat, it just costs you a little power. I think the liquid cooling would have a definate advantage in those situations. The Z would likely lose power too, just not as much.

Old 12-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default z400 vs 400ex

Originally posted by: KyJoe340

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: GPBOYZLT250
KyJoe has a point....especially the fact that all new quads have thier problems....i wouldnt consider buyin a new type of quad until its been out on the market AT LEAST 6 months-year......you have to admit that on all the new types of quads...you've heard of some kind of problem and they have to get the parts sent to them to fix it....did you hear about the new EX's???? they were shifting from 5th to reverse all of a sudden...thats a MAJOR problem....gotta go
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HOLY... Thats not a good thing.

KyJoe- then I think that the ex would be great for you if you like those aspects of it. I'm not going to try and argue with you to convince you Z's are better. Havent had any problems with my frame but your right. I dont like having to worry about it. I dont jump really big yet but I do jump a lot. Mid sized jumps. about 30 ft.

StrongtyerYFZ....Well I don't like that problem but I would choose it over the Z's problems anyday. I don't want to argue with you or anyone else either but you nor anyone else can convince me the Z is better especially after riding both. Also I took a look at your bio, been riding a whole year and a half now? Pro rider? I'm guessing you to be about 18, you can't convince me of anything on this subject. I've put too much time on both of these machines and over 20 yrs of riding experience in general. I don't want you to think I'm attacking you personally and I won't doubt that you can ride but there is more than can be learned in a couple of years.
whoaa... Thats what I was trying to say. I dont want to argue. The 400ex would work great for you and fill all your needs and my Z works fine for me. There is nothing to argue about really. Its a matter of personal opinion, preference, and riding style. Not one quad is going to fit everyone. Even one as versitile as the 400ex or Z400. I am 17 years old and as of now I have been riding for about 2 years. Undoubtably you have more experience than me. I dont consider 2 years a lot nor do I consider myself an expert on all quads. Sorry if I sounded like I was attacking you nor am I trying to bash the ex's. My friend has a 300ex. Personally, I think the reverse is a little more complicated to engage. (Put it in neutral, press the red button, pull in the clutch, and reach over and pull the lever up) I know it works with no problems I just find the Z/Kfx's (Put it in 1st, turn the ****, and downshift easier to use). Appearently you have no problem with the way your 300ex engages in reverse and I have no problem with how my Z engages so once again their is nothing to try and argue about or convince you of.

I dont know what I was trying to say when I brought up Doug Gust. That didnt really go anywhere or mean anything. Disregard that, lol.

I dont know where you got PRO rider from??? Did you get that from under my screen name. That just has to do with how many posts you have. If you have over 200 posts, I think, then it will say "PRO Rider." Thats all that is.

Well back to the original question. 04trx250ex, what do you think you are going to do? Have we helped at all or are we just confusing you and messing up your thread. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

What quad does everyone think jumps better?

Old 12-20-2005, 04:57 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default z400 vs 400ex

Originally posted by: strongtyerYFZ What quad does everyone think jumps better?
I tend to bottom the EX's suspension out if I get over 4-5 feet off the ground. But I'm about 200lbs. Other than that I like the suspension for my style of riding.

Old 12-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Range Rover
Default z400 vs 400ex

I would recommend the Z to anyone...not just cus its suzuki...or just cus im in the suzuki forums....i will admit that im NOT loyal to suzuki just cus i have one...i would recommend the z over the EX ne day tho!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default z400 vs 400ex

how would my 03 z400 match up to an 05 400ex? in both a drag race and on the track? What year is both of your bikes?