Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Any other tips on which kit and how to install clutch kit on a KING QUAD?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any other tips on which kit and how to install clutch kit on a KING QUAD?

I have decided to install a clutch kit myself on my KING [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and would like any tips that any one has to offer! My dealer doesn't seem to want to do the install[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] ! They just want to sell me the kit! Then I'm on my own! Any suggestions on where to buy from? Should I change the belt at the same time? What brand of Belt? Thanks!

Old 12-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default Any other tips on which kit and how to install clutch kit on a KING QUAD?

Check my yahoo pics link in sig for pics on an easy spring compressor you can make yourself. If you get the dalton kit, you can get it from sled-parts but it is on back order till early Jan. Don't worry about the belt unless yours is out of spec or glazed over. Just doing the dalton kit is very easy, the EPI is a little harder since you have to also work on the wet clutch in the engine.

Old 12-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the reply! I took a look at the photos! What size treaded rod do I need! What widths are the roles in the tool drilled at? I was wondering if an aftermarket belt would be better but my bike only has about 100 miles on it! I would not think it would be worn out yet! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I was just going to upgrade when I do the clutch!
I have been told two different things now agout the type of clutch kit I should use! Stock tire or oversized tire! I only went to a 26 inch ITP XTR radial! I am confused about if I should use the stock size clutch kit or the oversized tire clutch kit??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
I think that i am going to go with the EPI kit, unless there is a good reason to not do it!
Thanks again and I hope that leg was not as bad as it looked in the picture! OOOOuch!

Old 12-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

First, go with the EPI kit for stock size tires, you can always go back in latter to change the wieghts for bigger tires. The instructions will call for some spcialty tools from Suzuki, I made due with tools from my local auto store. One is to use a gear puller to get the wet clutch off and the other is a tool to hold the primary pullie while losening the nut, an inpact wrench works good for this. They also say to get a new gasket for the wet clutch cover, I was careful and saved it. IMO the factory belt is still the best. I would say the hardest part of the install is the little springs in the wet clutch that need to be switched out.

Go over to Nyroc's website, thier is a forum devoted to the new KQ. www.atv.dnsalias.com

Do a search...lots of info and pics on the clutch kit. Also member ssenay has a website with pics of the manual with the KQ clutch.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 12-15-2005, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks!!!!!!!! I need all the help I can get!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]