Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve230
Yeah i was about to get that chain. But iv always boughten D.I.D and they have treated me very well. The chain that was on there when i got it was an Ek chain and i ride up in the appilacian mountians if the chain isn't a good one i can blow threw a chain in just 3 trips. Theres no dirt no grass just rocks and even bigger rocks, ruts, pot holes and just about everything else that could really mess up a chain.
i was up in the ol Penn state sunday. drove up to Monaca to buy my .80 over engine. ended up buying the whole quad though. . now i have 3 running 230s. but the over bore leaks oil like crazy. the guy used gasket maker for the valve cover instead of RTV or case sealer.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trailrider230s
i was up in the ol Penn state sunday. drove up to Monaca to buy my .80 over engine. ended up buying the whole quad though. . now i have 3 running 230s. but the over bore leaks oil like crazy. the guy used gasket maker for the valve cover instead of RTV or case sealer.
Im about an hour from penn state main campus (lehigh vally allentown easton) area lots of nice land over here to ride. But i do most of my serious riding up in new york just across the PA boarder its a 1.8 mile loop around the top of the mountian its pretty awesome.

I got a slight oil leak by the mag cover cuz the owner before me or the owner before him stripped out one of the bolts to the mag cover and i can't get it tight enough. It only leaks when i ride so its not to bad. I get maye a silver dollar size amount of oil sitting on the skid plate i just wipe it up no big deal.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Im about an hour from penn state main campus (lehigh vally allentown easton) area lots of nice land over here to ride. But i do most of my serious riding up in new york just across the PA boarder its a 1.8 mile loop around the top of the mountian its pretty awesome.

I got a slight oil leak by the mag cover cuz the owner before me or the owner before him stripped out one of the bolts to the mag cover and i can't get it tight enough. It only leaks when i ride so its not to bad. I get maye a silver dollar size amount of oil sitting on the skid plate i just wipe it up no big deal.
been there too. i had a friend that lived in West Chester, faily that lives in Waynesburgh and Meadville. i'm thinking maybe its time to move back to PA. i miss livin there, and i still know my way around.

i may have a thread repairer for that bolt. it only cost a couple cents, if i can remember where i put them i'll send ya a few. i've had my fair share of buying 230s with stripped out holes, i fixed em a sent the quad down the road, i only kept my first, The Mistress. and now i have one for my brother called the Brat. i just finished the paint and wiring on it yesterday, and it turned out great.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

hey randy, do you still got the pics of your chain guide? if so could you email them to me at dager_1982@yahoo.com.
I could email them if you really want, but its easier to just link them from my photobucket... otherwise I'd have to look for them on my hardrive.

Name:  DCP_3090.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  119.7 KB

Name:  DCP_3091.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  108.3 KB

Name:  DCP_3092.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  120.6 KB

Man that's the best thing I ever did to my quad. Warrior chain guide.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

heres a pic of it before i got to finish the wiring, ran outta daylight.

Attached Thumbnails 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.-dscn0580.jpg  
Old 06-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Wats the significance of your bike chain pics?

Old 06-09-2011, 10:51 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Yeah i was about to get that chain. But iv always boughten D.I.D and they have treated me very well. The chain that was on there when i got it was an Ek chain and i ride up in the appilacian mountians if the chain isn't a good one i can blow threw a chain in just 3 trips. Theres no dirt no grass just rocks and even bigger rocks, ruts, pot holes and just about everything else that could really mess up a chain.
That's where I ride. You see how thick my sprocket guard is don't ya lol. Last trip out I heard something rattling so I had to get off and check it out... The back 2 bolts of the 4 that hold my sprockt guard assembly pulled right out of the swingarm. I just wrapped a bungee cord around it until I get around to welding beefier nuts on. But that's how punishing those rocks can be. I bet its every bit as powerful as a tommy gun unloading on the bottom of my quad everytime I go up there.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
I could email them if you really want, but its easier to just link them from my photobucket... otherwise I'd have to look for them on my hardrive.

Man that's the best thing I ever did to my quad. Warrior chain guide.
ok i will just copy them from here, thanks. i still have yet to get one of my own. it was on the "to do list" but got interupted by a crash.

Old 06-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Range Rover

been there too. i had a friend that lived in West Chester, faily that lives in Waynesburgh and Meadville. i'm thinking maybe its time to move back to PA. i miss livin there, and i still know my way around.

i may have a thread repairer for that bolt. it only cost a couple cents, if i can remember where i put them i'll send ya a few. i've had my fair share of buying 230s with stripped out holes, i fixed em a sent the quad down the road, i only kept my first, The Mistress. and now i have one for my brother called the Brat. i just finished the paint and wiring on it yesterday, and it turned out great.
That would be great let me know! Yeah PA is real nice atleast the eastern side we stay out of the way of all natural disasters doesn't get crazy hot or crazy snow. Lots of open land areas. Me myself i live on 2 and a half acres and i live behind the power lines. last year the power company cut down all the trees and bushes the whole length so its about 8 miles of pretty decent riding but its alot of mud!

Old 06-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by dakbee
Wat is the significance of the pics of the bike chain.....i dont know anything about chains lol
Just showing how friction makes the chain not want to turn at the bottom and then not wanting to go straight again after the turn... and this chain was as loose as an overcooked soaking wet spaghetti noodle! Imagine if the chain had orings.

If I ever find myself bored on a jobsite with a tape measure in my hand, sometimes I find out how far I can extend the tape without it snapping and falling to the ground. Sometimes I can get 7 or 8ft if its a sturdy tape. Well, I do the same thing with oring chains lol. I can get a good 5 or 6 inches out there anyway lol.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.