ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community (https://atvconnection.com/forums/)
-   Suzuki (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/)
-   -   85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help. (https://atvconnection.com/forums/suzuki/226867-85-88-suzuki-lt230s-quadsport-help.html)

PoolGod230 02-20-2008 11:55 PM

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Def, don't put an ammo box in front of the engine... Air cooled engine! Needs that air flowin!! As a matter of fact I am toying with the idea of aluminum are "scoops" similar to what I have on my ATC to funnel the air towards the engine... Thats about the extent of my usefull info![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I am sure Randy will wake up and give you some good info on your mechanical issues.

I am done for the night, Thanks ya all!!

BigMc 02-21-2008 12:13 AM

Title? sticker? TAXES??? What you guys talken about? I guess I still live in the land of the free. You'd think that there would be a grandfather clause for quads approaching a quater century old. Hmmm.

BigMc 02-21-2008 12:18 AM

I do belive that is the first time anyone has ever quoted me as an excuse/reason to buy more quad parts. DAMN IM PROUD!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: gforce34

You bought the shocks?</end quote></div>

Like I said before, we all should have listened to BigMc, the very first upgrade to made, is suspension.... Like night and day! Check out the moon right now, Awesome!!!! Once you ride better suspension, you will hook up better, turn better, less recovery from riding (Randal!) all that = MORE FUN!! So, yeah, I bought em![img][/img]</end quote></div>

BigMc 02-21-2008 12:32 AM

Chicago,Bostn,Europe,......Beastie Boys,Garth,Kenny Rogers, AC/DC, Cinderella,Alice Cooper,Ted Nugent (Cat Scratch Fever) oh yeah. Music is the ryhthm of life. [img]i/expressions/moon.gif[/img]q]Originally posted by: PoolGod230

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BigMc

OH, Sorry man. I guess I get carried away sometime.

Im a fan of music. All music. Country, rock, rap, new age, pop. If it has a good beat and/or a message, Ill listen to it.<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

I'm with ya. I love to see the cashiers face ringing up, Black Flag, The Vandals, John Coltrane, Charlie Parker, NWA, Rage against the Machine, Willy Nelson, Johnny Cash, and to REALLY throw em, George Michael "Faith", I am quite secure in my manhood..[img][/img]</end quote></div>

JustRandy 02-21-2008 03:23 AM

4 JL 10W3V3 8 ohm subs, 2 per side in parrallel to provide a nice easy 4 ohm load per channel for my L.P. 5002. i dont know about you but, when you start useing 2 and 1 ohm configs to sqeeze that last bit of power you paid for from a "high current" amp, you just pay for it in a lack of headroom. My 5002 is rated at 250 per channel at 4 ohm. But at 2 ohm it almost doubles. Thats 1000 watts total power. That will give me all the headroom I need for those music peaks ( more like lows, very, very, very low) [img][/img] My box is tuned for a 35 hz cutoff at 3db down. With a total cone surface area of..........(help J.R.) In a 2003 extended cab S10......OH YEAH!!!!!!

And thats just the low end. Up front I have 2 sets (1 per side, in the doors and in the pods) POLK Audio MOMO's 6 1/2 component's. There driven by a L.P. 2502IQ set up for 2 ohm stereo. Thats about 125 watts per set, per side. Now, arent you glad you asked? I am.</end quote></div>

That sounds pretty good. About the only thing you could do more would be to make a 6th order bandpass box and pair the 4 subs up in isobars to keep the size down and get the sub-bass as loud as possible. But then... where would you put such a box? You'd probably have to put it in the truck bed and port it thru the walls. I did that once with crappy 10's in my work truck just to see. I was impressed, but the box had to be HUGE because of the crappy 10's.

JustRandy 02-21-2008 03:32 AM

I never found a need for the tensioner. I guess the longer swinger helps keep the chain from C.C.O.S'n. I guess its good to have a longer swinger[img][/img]<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: gforce34

Def, I would advise getting a CT99 Chain tensioner they are sold now on ebay for $40.00. You can click on profile pictures because a few of us already have it and see where we install it on the frame. This has stopped my C.C.O.S from happening to this point.</end quote></div></end quote></div>

That could be with a long swinger.... Never thought about that! But with stock swinger, in order for a full range of shock travel you have to have the chain so loose that it will flop around and eventually come off. I've had times where I could ride as hard as I want around the house,,, jumping, sliding, wheelie, whatever... But when I'd go to the mountains with friends,, chain was off in 5 min. Then I got the chain tensioner and put an end to that.... Well, up until my last ride when my s-arm bearings went toast. Then, even the tensioner wouldn't keep the chain on. I had to idle back to the parking lot.

JustRandy 02-21-2008 03:43 AM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: defconatv

-bought new kick starter after old one fell off while riding and lost[img][/img]</end quote></div>

That happened to me once... Luckily I was just around the house, so it only took me 1/2 hr to find it. The only reason I knew I had lost it was because I did a donut and the chain popped off and killed the engine. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Otherwise, I might not have known until the next day and I might have forgotten where I'd been.

I welded it back on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

JustRandy 02-21-2008 03:46 AM

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: defconatv

-custom removable pegs for my 7 yr old daughter to have a place for her feet</end quote></div>

Shhhh... Careful! The quad Nazi's will have a fit if they get wind of that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

JustRandy 02-21-2008 03:53 AM

Neutral is hard to find anyway, even when properly fundtioning, but it sounds like your clutch may not be releasing all the way. Try adjusting the cable so the lever pulls more on the clutch cable. Also, what kind of oil do you use? You should use the older oils like SF or SG. Last time I at walmart, I saw some SF for 1.24 a qt.

New oils are no good for the clutches.

JustRandy 02-21-2008 04:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
DJ230,

Your chain has to be loose or you will bust your s-arm bearings. Last time I checked mine, I piled 4 50lb bags of concrete on the wheelie bar and made sure I still had slack in the chain. This is why you need a tensioner.

This is what my swing arm looked like right after my last ride. Imagine what they would have looked like if I didn't have the tensioner and my chain had been super tight. The bearings would have been ground to powder.

Attachment 26232

Attachment 26233