Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

You'd really like it if the front was wider and the back was lower. The really neat thing is how light it is, and with all the width and stability its a super fun toy!

You can throw a bag of concrete on mine and ride it around and that's what a R450 (minus a few HP) would be like. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

I actually have a lowering kit for front and back but i dont think the back can go on right on my bike so i was thinking of using one side of the front lowering kit and use it on the back and see how much it lowers it. . I also am planning on making some front 1" spacers in vo-tech. my front rims are already flipped.

Do you think i will have any trouble with hills if i lower the rear a bit?

I have no problem at all keeping up with the 400's and the 450's in the woods. I do love how light it is.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I lowered the back 1 inch by just cutting and redrilling a new hole in the upper shock mount. It made a huge difference! The biggest reward per investment I've done! No trouble climbing hills and even greater sense of security flying down hills that have bumps n jumps (those used to really white knuckle me until I got the 23 inch fronts and lowered the back with 20inch rear tires). Just drill the hole before you cut to make sure you didn't cut off too much metal.

Actually, I hate my flipped rims. Of course I can only say that because I have longer a-arms. If I had the choice of short arms with flipped rims or not, I would have to take the flipped rims, but now that my arms are longer I can't wait to get back to the stock rims and do away with the bumpsteer and busted tierod ends. I think if you go with the spacers and the flipped rims you'll have so much bumpsteer that, even if you don't mind the extra jarring at the handlebars, it will still take its toll on the tierod ends and probably the balljoints too eventually. And it gets worse with bigger tires. I think you should make something like this instead at vo-tech if you can: http://www.diamondjcustoms.com...ing/honda/trx250ex.htm Its just a bunch of metal with holes in it.... And some extra bolts. Next best thing to having longer arms.

Old 03-20-2008, 02:34 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Shhhhhhh!!! Don't tell my wife! Had to check in on my boyz! Mikem, looks nice! Randy, bring all these new 230 folks to the "correct" forum! Enjoying my vacation. I highly reccomend it.</end quote></div>

At the time I wasn't sure if they wanted to talk about hawaii, but now that we're gettin back to 230's maybe.

Been thinking about ya.... Mothernature is giving me a pond before I can dig the hole. My backyard swamp is almost 2ft deep and I got stuck the other day. I had to winch myself out! First time I have ever needed to use my winch on my own land. Its supposed to rain again sunday. We've gone from severe drought to flood warnings. Talk about bipolar!

Old 03-20-2008, 01:10 PM
Trailblazer

Those are really cool! I have never seen anything like that before. I will definitely look into it.
Im also going to take a look at that shock next time i go out.

Thanks for the help :]

Old 03-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

No problem. I never seen them before either until Gforce posted it. The rear shock idea just came to me while I was staring at the quad n thinking.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

I'M BAAAAACK!!!

Guess i should take more vacations, 230 stuff goes crazy, if I just leave!!!

I just wish all the new folks would type in this thread so I only have one place to look!

Wish me luck. My buddy did all assembly while I was gone, gonna break her in tomorrow.......

Old 03-22-2008, 04:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Well,,,, how does it run?

Old 03-22-2008, 11:28 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, Ive got this 230 i need some help with. I was just wondering if one of you nice folks wold help me out. I know you guys know your 230 stuff, (when your not tring to grow fish)..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Well, lets see..... It hauls azzzz!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Got her broke in, Changed the oil and filter twice! Lot of fine metal "shavings" in the filter. My friend zipped tied a big magnet to the outside of the oil filter cover for the break in. Trick he says he has used forever, guess it did the job? what do i know? I'll believe anything at this point...

This lil thing flys!! Starts first kick (MY FAVORITE!) And you have to watch out, will put you on yer butt thru 4th gear![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] A lil TOO wheely happy, guess I'll be extending the swinger for sure.

Now the bad.... a lil on the rich side, he is gonna mess with it this week..
Runs warm, to warm, gonna rig up the oilcooler some how, and scoops to direct air over the engine and cooler better. And finally, I broke a top shock mount... I knew I shouldn't jump![img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img] I am gonna weld that up with extra reinforcement.

The thing is awesome thru all gears and throttle positions.. Even bogging down in 4th when you should be in 3rd, it builds power and catches up quick..

I'll get pix up as soon as I buy a new camera, as mine died.

Is my big grin coming thru in my typing???[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds like a happy easter! The 230 rose from the dead better than before. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I'll have to try that magnet thing. I had a buddy that used to put magnets everywhere, including fuel lines.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.