Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Depends on how fast u wanna go!!! Speed costs money. If the jug is in good shape, have it bored,new piston, Hi flow air filter(take off your intake lid, unless it is really wet outside) and rejet the carb. Couple hundred bucks max! You'd be suprised how much quicker she'll be! i am making the assumption valves are in good shape, crank, etc. And don't forget while you got the engine out, pull your swing arm and make sure u lube those bearings!! I am sure EVERY member of this thread knows it is the weak link on our lil bikes!

Old 03-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

well the valves need to be redone but i dont want to spend more than a couple hundred and the bike is parked noew cause of the condition of the swingarm bearings, and bent axle

Old 03-09-2007, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

The machine shop will that bores it will also do your valves. I have seen quite a few axels on ebay for pretty cheap. And as long as your swingarm is in decent shape, the bearings are inexpensive as well. I started my project with an $800 budget, now at $1200 and climbing! But I am getting a lot of brand new aftermarket parts.......... If you have a motorcycle dismantler in your area, you can save a ton of loot. Good luck!

Old 03-09-2007, 10:59 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by: PoolGod230
The machine shop will that bores it will also do your valves. I have seen quite a few axels on ebay for pretty cheap. And as long as your swingarm is in decent shape, the bearings are inexpensive as well. I started my project with an $800 budget, now at $1200 and climbing! But I am getting a lot of brand new aftermarket parts.......... If you have a motorcycle dismantler in your area, you can save a ton of loot. Good luck!
Budget? Whats that?
You can spend as much as you want on these rebuilds. I know, just ask my wife. The trick is to set a goel, in advance, and work toward it. I have over 5 years and $5k in mine, not counting what I paid for the machine in the first place, and it doesnt even have a big bore kit. YET!!!.
I like to tell people that the only stock item is the paint on the frame and the A-arms. Every thing else has been changed in some way. But if truth be known, the axle is stock to.
I think im gonna try and work my engine build more this summer. Ive got my cases, a crank and all the trans. bearings and seals. But i still need that big bore kit. I dont suppose any of you Q.S. gents/ladies would have one just laying around you could send this way? I would be glad to pay for shipping[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

OH, I see how your gonna be.

FYI. I keep all my receipts. If you need a part number or price range, just let me know. If I bought it, I have history.

BigMc

Old 03-10-2007, 12:00 AM
BigMc

<a href="http://www.sudco.com/vol33/55.pdf">http://www.sudco.com/vol33/55.pdf</A>The 34mm and 28mm Mikuni have the same bolt pattern ( center to center). You might get the info you need at the above link. The 32mm has a larger bore on the output side? Weird.Good luck......BigMc
Once again you are my hero! Who da thunk that I could of bought the boot from the same place I bought my carb????? Duh!!! I feel stupid. Yes, it is bigger, looks as big as that damn engine!!! bolts are the same but where the carb clamps on is to small. tried boiling it, wifes hair dryer, just off enough to drive me nuts. Well you "Bama" boys might remember the Coke bottles from late '70's "winningest coach" with the pic of the "Bear"? I happen to have an un-opened 6 pack. Just cause I live in Cali now, does not mean I don't have REAL kin down south!!! Roll Tide, Roll!!![/quote]

PoolGod230
It will take up to 24 hours, but pic 21 ( in my pics) is just for you my friend.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigMc
<a href="http://www.sudco.com/vol33/55.pdf">http://www.sudco.com/vol33/55.pdf</A>The 34mm and 28mm Mikuni have the same bolt pattern ( center to center). You might get the info you need at the above link. The 32mm has a larger bore on the output side? Weird.Good luck......BigMc
Once again you are my hero! Who da thunk that I could of bought the boot from the same place I bought my carb????? Duh!!! I feel stupid. Yes, it is bigger, looks as big as that damn engine!!! bolts are the same but where the carb clamps on is to small. tried boiling it, wifes hair dryer, just off enough to drive me nuts. Well you "Bama" boys might remember the Coke bottles from late '70's "winningest coach" with the pic of the "Bear"? I happen to have an un-opened 6 pack. Just cause I live in Cali now, does not mean I don't have REAL kin down south!!! Roll Tide, Roll!!!
PoolGod230
It will take up to 24 hours, but pic 21 ( in my pics) is just for you my friend.[/quote]

Too funny!! I am 37 years old and all my "peers" in California my age don't even know who the Bear is! Yet my 10 year old cousin in Huntsville can tell me exactly how many wins, date of birth etc!!

Don't give up on that big bore Bigmc! I might have the hook up for ya! Got a guy I work with that has inherited an 85 and an 86, plus it looks to me like about 3 extra complete engines, and a Vast amount of spare parts.........including 2,yes 2! LA sleeve big bore kits! This gentleman has never gotten dirty his whole life and never will. So... being the nice guy I am, I offered to haul off all his "junk" as he put it! I will let you know!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Pro Rider

Did you all know that Works performance has an ebay store???!!!

it is called Worksoutlet, I scored a set of dual rate front shocks for my beast, $200 fro both, brand spankin new! I have not seen set for less than $460.

They sell the shocks that people buy from them but buy the wrong ones, have a minor scratch, etc. They did not have the set I bought on the ebay store, but when I called the guy said he thought he saw some in back....DEAL!! They set them up for your weight,style of riding, length of swingarm, etc.
Very nice,knowledgeable, and helpfull as well. He is looking out for a rear shock for me now.

Old 03-11-2007, 05:14 PM
BigMc

Originally posted by: PoolGod230<a href="http://www.sudco.com/vol33/55.pdf">http://www.sudco.com/vol33/55.pdf</A>The 34mm and 28mm Mikuni have the same bolt pattern ( center to center). You might get the info you need at the above link. The 32mm has a larger bore on the output side? Weird.Good luck......BigMc
Once again you are my hero! Who da thunk that I could of bought the boot from the same place I bought my carb????? Duh!!! I feel stupid. Yes, it is bigger, looks as big as that damn engine!!! bolts are the same but where the carb clamps on is to small. tried boiling it, wifes hair dryer, just off enough to drive me nuts. Well you "Bama" boys might remember the Coke bottles from late '70's "winningest coach" with the pic of the "Bear"? I happen to have an un-opened 6 pack. Just cause I live in Cali now, does not mean I don't have REAL kin down south!!! Roll Tide, Roll!!!
PoolGod230It will take up to 24 hours, but pic 21 ( in my pics) is just for you my friend.
Too funny!! I am 37 years old and all my "peers" in California my age don't even know who the Bear is! Yet my 10 year old cousin in Huntsville can tell me exactly how many wins, date of birth etc!!Don't give up on that big bore Bigmc! I might have the hook up for ya! Got a guy I work with that has inherited an 85 and an 86, plus it looks to me like about 3 extra complete engines, and a Vast amount of spare parts.........including 2,yes 2! LA sleeve big bore kits! This gentleman has never gotten dirty his whole life and never will. So... being the nice guy I am, I offered to haul off all his "junk" as he put it! I will let you know!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][/quote]

PG230!
If you can hook a brotha up with your "spare" 270 kit, Ill let you be the first to ride it. (Cali or not). Goin back to Cali, Cali, Cali. oh yes, I think so...........

Old 03-11-2007, 05:22 PM
BigMc

PG230
How far is Sacramento from Auburn (California of course)?

Old 03-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider

PG230
How far is Sacramento from Auburn (California of course)?
10-20 minutes, depending on traffic tops.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.