Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 07:00 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

pg230

Off subject remark.

Must be sweet living so close to the home of the greatest car stereo ampilfier in the world? That alone would be worth risking wakeing up with the fishes for. (earthquakes and all ya know)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2007, 07:10 PM
BigMc

Hey folks. I just seen a brand new stock length Dura Blue axle on ebay. Buy it now priced for $125.00.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: BigMc
pg230

Off subject remark.

Must be sweet living so close to the home of the greatest car stereo ampilfier in the world? That alone would be worth risking wakeing up with the fishes for. (earthquakes and all ya know)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Rather quakes, than hurricanes or tornados!!! Back in the early 90's (when I was cool) the boys at Linear, did the complete system in my minitruck! Man remember those? Maybe I wasn't as cool as I thought![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I am on that axle!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] My wife hasn't figured out that I have PayPal![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Pro Rider

hey if you see a straight used axle for under 100 could you tell me. is it worth putting a cam in the QS im not looking to race i just want a reliable trail quad

Old 03-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: quadsport230
hey if you see a straight used axle for under 100 could you tell me. is it worth putting a cam in the QS im not looking to race i just want a reliable trail quad
Several on ebay under $100, but that is relying on them that it is straight. Tell ya what if my little deal goes thru you can have one of mine, just pay shipping! As far as a cam and reliablity goes, I am not a mechanic, but with what I have been told by friends and mechanics is, no more than a stage one unless you have a big bore... But Bigmc has a stage 2, and it is only 2mm over.. I am just a parts replacer, and advice follower (hopefully it works)

Old 03-11-2007, 10:38 PM
BigMc

The stage one is intended as an upgrade for a engine thats mostly stock. A spring kit is not needed and it will compliment the addition of a performance air flter and pipe when you so desire.
For the stage two to work to its pontential you will need the heavier springs, a pipe a larger carb and displacement. I went to 2mm over cause its the largest slug I could plug the cylinder with. The stage 2 cam and 28mm flatslide carb work well together. I run a K&N with stock box and lid without a problem. If its ever time to get serious though, the big bore kit and 34mm flatty will go on. I will keep the cam, just cant see going bigger and keep it trail worthy.
Ive got a stage one cam in my parts box. Picked it up as a spare. Cant never tell ya know. May be able to work out a trade down the road[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

BigMc

Old 03-11-2007, 11:00 PM
BigMc

Ill have a spare straight axle here in about a week. I need to find me some D.B. hubs to compliment this new axle I just bought. Yeahhhhh Babby!!!!!

Oh and by the by, the idea of a earthquake scares the H@## outta me. At least you know when a hurrican will hit. Theres nothing like 130 mph winds to wake you up in the morning Whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

Old 03-11-2007, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigMc
Ill have a spare straight axle here in about a week. I need to find me some D.B. hubs to compliment this new axle I just bought. Yeahhhhh Babby!!!!!

Oh and by the by, the idea of a earthquake scares the H@## outta me. At least you know when a hurrican will hit. Theres nothing like 130 mph winds to wake you up in the morning Whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!
Nice score on the axle! beat me to it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Been through tornados in Ohio, Hurricanes in Cancun, I'll take a lil gound shakin anyday! besides, they usually only tear up the Frisco bay area, 90 miles away, maybe I have ocean front property soon!

Old 03-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Trailblazer

hi i was wondering if i could run 2 20 watt fog lights that i saw in rockymountain? does the motor put out enough?

Old 03-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

from what I read WAYYYYYYYYYY back in this thread is, your stator puts out 45w max. So that is a definite maybe, if they are replacing the stock headlight.
I would assume it would work. But if I am not mistaken those lights you are looking at are halogen lamps, and in my business (pools) halogens do not like to be dimmed. And they would be constantly go from dim to bright, with the RPM of the engine. Just a guess though.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.