Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Love the album! I have been printing pictures all day!</end quote></div>

Glad you like it! Now that's something we should send to a magazine!

Everyone feel free to add the link into you sig if you'd like.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Cool album! What gave you the idea?

I might have some update pics in a week or so. Its supposed to be up to 60 today and I was thinking about taking one more ride with the 250S cam in there and then switch in the 230 cam. According to the dyno charts I should have about 5 more HP on the bottom-end and only loose a couple on the top-end. This is my first chance to put real-world experience with virtual-number-crunchng.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

Just need a mojave and you'll have the whole set! [IMG][/IMG] Reminds me of 1987 sitting in class reading Dirt Wheels magazines... I always liked the look of the 250x plastic.

</end quote></div>

I'd love to have a mojave, I've always had a soft spot for their looks. I've thought about trying to mod my headlight to fit like a mojave's does in the hood.</end quote></div>

The mojave may have the looks, but under the skin its all hog. 380lbs dry! Then you add water, gas, and oil. That should push it well over 400. And that's heavier than a warrior and almost 100lbs heavier than a quadsport! But I guess that's the price you pay for water-cooling, dual cams, and a 6-speed tranny.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

I might have some update pics in a week or so. Its supposed to be up to 60 today and I was thinking about taking one more ride with the 250S cam in there and then switch in the 230 cam. According to the dyno charts I should have about 5 more HP on the bottom-end and only loose a couple on the top-end. This is my first chance to put real-world experience with virtual-number-crunchng.</end quote></div>

I don't know, I just wanted to see what everyone else had been doing and maybe get some ideas for my headlight.

It was funny going through everything. I didn't read everything but sometimes I would catch you posting tons of pics and then at the end you'd say, "Man, if that doesn't inspire anyone, I don't know what will!" haha

Old 02-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

Just need a mojave and you'll have the whole set! [IMG][/IMG] Reminds me of 1987 sitting in class reading Dirt Wheels magazines... I always liked the look of the 250x plastic.

</end quote></div>

I'd love to have a mojave, I've always had a soft spot for their looks. I've thought about trying to mod my headlight to fit like a mojave's does in the hood.</end quote></div>

The mojave may have the looks, but under the skin its all hog. 380lbs dry! Then you add water, gas, and oil. That should push it well over 400. And that's heavier than a warrior and almost 100lbs heavier than a quadsport! But I guess that's the price you pay for water-cooling, dual cams, and a 6-speed tranny.</end quote></div>

Well, it wears its weight well! haha!

Old 02-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I might have some update pics in a week or so. Its supposed to be up to 60 today and I was thinking about taking one more ride with the 250S cam in there and then switch in the 230 cam. According to the dyno charts I should have about 5 more HP on the bottom-end and only loose a couple on the top-end. This is my first chance to put real-world experience with virtual-number-crunchng.</end quote></div>

I don't know, I just wanted to see what everyone else had been doing and maybe get some ideas for my headlight.

It was funny going through everything. I didn't read everything but sometimes I would catch you posting tons of pics and then at the end you'd say, "Man, if that doesn't inspire anyone, I don't know what will!" haha</end quote></div>

Yeah, for a long time nobody would talk around here. I felt like I was talking to myself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Now I don't get subscription updates in my email so I just have to randomly check back and see if anybody posted anything. Its been that way since the IE7 problem was fixed.

Well anyway, waiting for the rtv to setup a little before a ride with the 230 cam. Supposed to wait 24hrs, but I'm not doing that! Not when its 60 degrees and sunshine! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2009, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

haha, it was 43 degrees yesterday and it darn near felt like summer! we were driving with the windows down and everything!

Yeah I actually have stopped receiving updates too. And I finally got overly frustrated w/ IE7 since it would freeze every time I closed a tab that had a video in it and I downloaded Google Chrome and its awesome!

Man, I wish I was home so I could ride right now.

Old 02-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

Do you have any other wheelers Randy or whats one the old wishlist? I was just reading the Dirt Wheel's review of the YFZ450R and it sounds like a pretty mean machine. Too bad only the KFX450 has reverse.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I have a 250ex, a 300 lakota, and a 220 bayou. My bud has had his warrior over here since he broke his arm last september. I can ride it whenever, but I never do. Its too heavy, too narrow, and too powerful for anything around here. I'd hit a tree for sure! That's how my friend broke his arm in 4 places... He hit a tree coming down from a wheelie. When the right front tire hit the tree, the handlebars turned so fast his bones broke like twigs in his left arm near his wrist. So, that's kinda why I'm not all that interested in 450's. Just an accident waiting to happen. I think I'd be just peachy with a 270 kit and maybe some kind of cam.

My wishlist is a thundercat. Its just a matter of getting up the money.

There is a guy over on thumpertalk (grayracer), a ase master tech that knows his ****, he loves the yfz450 engine in his bike. If you're ever bored sometime, go over there and read pretty much anything the dude has to say. He's a moderator with over 10,000 posts so you can't miss him.

If I was in the market for a 450, I would probably have to do a lot of deciding between the R450 and the YFZ450... That's for sure. I used to lean heavily towards the R450 until I started reading grayracer's stuff. Now I'm not sure, but I don't care either since I'm not wanting one. If I wanted a quad of that caliber, I'd probably end up with an old 2-stroke. They're light and plenty powerful.... But, again, no reverse, lol.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

So, that's kinda why I'm not all that interested in 450's. Just an accident waiting to happen.

My wishlist is a thundercat.
</end quote></div>

Seems a little contradicting there....lol

Yeah, I don't have the right areas around here for a 450 either but the technology that goes into them are cool.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.