Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just Bs-ing...

Those 2 ply dunlops the 250ex has seem to do just fine. I haven't noticed any air leaking from them since it was new. I think 6 ply is overrated.

Zero ply should work for sand... That would be plain rims right? Who needs tires when the front never touches the ground anyway.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:41 AM
Pro Rider

Hey gents, I'm doing a little work on the site tonight and want some opinions.

If you go to the individual lt230S galleries, check out mine, then check out BigMCs, which style do you like better? Embedded slide show or just plain old enlargeable images?

Also, you guys need to put up some more pics!!

Randy, I gave you a bit more credit for the Specs section if you want to check that out!

And thanks for the compliments on the site PG and JR, I'll keep trying to make it better!

Tonight I'm writing my steering stem How-To, even though its pretty self explanatory. Some good pics nonetheless.

I'm forgetting something......can't think of it.......I'll continue in next post.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by PoolGod230
Me either!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to stay away from 2 wheels!
Screw 2 wheels! I rode my girlfriend's XR70 one time and douched myself major.

I was trying to push it over a log, and as I was doing it, grabbed a bunch of throttle, which sent the bike flying forward and pulled me face first into the ground!

So, I'll stick with my thumb throttle, thank you very much!

Old 05-04-2009, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

I added two new pages too. The What's New section and I added a few pics to the Action shots section.

Dam it got late fast.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:43 AM
Pro Rider

Shoot, I was worried about this, the site had a 100MB size limit, and I'm already half way there. :/

Do the embedded slide shows account for website space, or is that just streamed from the outside source?

My guess is its streamed so I could do that for the galleries instead to save space.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Hey gents, I'm doing a little work on the site tonight and want some opinions.

If you go to the individual lt230S galleries, check out mine, then check out BigMCs, which style do you like better? Embedded slide show or just plain old enlargeable images?

Also, you guys need to put up some more pics!!

Randy, I gave you a bit more credit for the Specs section if you want to check that out!

And thanks for the compliments on the site PG and JR, I'll keep trying to make it better!

Tonight I'm writing my steering stem How-To, even though its pretty self explanatory. Some good pics nonetheless.

I'm forgetting something......can't think of it.......I'll continue in next post.
I like BigMc's better. Why restrict myself to viewing one pic at a time???

Old 05-04-2009, 09:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Screw 2 wheels! I rode my girlfriend's XR70 one time and douched myself major.

I was trying to push it over a log, and as I was doing it, grabbed a bunch of throttle, which sent the bike flying forward and pulled me face first into the ground!

So, I'll stick with my thumb throttle, thank you very much!
One time was riding an old suzuki 250 2 stroke on ice. I hit the ground faster than I knew what happened. On the way down, I must have grabbed a bunch of trottle because the bike was laying there screaming! Well, I reached over and turned the key off. Nothing. I hit the kill switch. Nothing. I pulled the spark plug wire off. It was still screaming! The only thing I could think to do was stand it up and hit the back brake to stall it. Luckily that worked. If it didn't, I was gonna set it back down and watch it explode, lol.

Old 05-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hello, I just bought an 86 lt 230...it is kickstart only does anybody know the easy way to start it? the guy who had it started it everytime...I cannot get it to start. Can someone help me? THANKS!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by keyguy
Hello, I just bought an 86 lt 230...it is kickstart only does anybody know the easy way to start it? the guy who had it started it everytime...I cannot get it to start. Can someone help me? THANKS!!!
Welcome keyguy, have you tried playing with the choke? On the curb, there's a lever on the left side of the carb, and a plunger on the right side.

I believe plunger out, lever down is full choke, plunger in, lever down is half, and plunger in and lever up is choke off.

The lever positions may be reversed though!

Also, make sure the kill switch on the handlebars is in the run position and the fuel is turned on.

Hope you stick around and check out the LT230S website I'm working on at the bottom of my post here!

Post up some pics of the new wheeler!

Old 05-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Adding to that, I always put the piston close to TDC then hit the compression release and kick. Hard to explain in text, but I push down on the kicker until I can tell the piston is starting to compress the air. Then pull the kicker up as high as it will click into place for a good long stroke. Then kick.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.