Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BigMc

gforce34

Welcome to the 230 quad sport forum. Its great to have a new face in here. Keeps the message alive you know. By the way, that ( as PG has already stated) is a very sharp ride. It reminds me of one ive seen on here before. I think it's Blue and white though[img][/img]

fishguy

Im running on a 2mm over bore now, (for now) the 68mm is as far as you can go with the stock cylinder. I have had no problems with this set up. What you need to remember though is.......that's it.......when it comes time for a rebuild you have two choices. Either resleave it back to stock or pick up an overbore kit.

Hay P.G.,.. that would be a COOL project, a bone stock 230s resto, complete with stock muffler and drive train. Sounds like a project for the truly devoted/insane. Which ever fits the owner better[img][/img]

Ive always wanted an 85 model in my stable. Maybe one day I will start collecting pats to build my own. Maybe a 85,86,87 and a 88 to round out the collection............Hmmmm</end quote></div>

Going to pick my stuff tonight from the police, depending what I get back will determine if I go stock or what.. Not sure if I want to go thru tracking down parts again, wouldn't be prudent, not at this juncture!!

Rode the trike HARD this weekend, I always forget how fast and fun that lil antique is as well....

Old 09-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Trailblazer

O.K. now I'm thinkin that I have know clue on this, but if I bore it to 68mm and get the wiseco, doesn't that change the cc? so if I do all this work I wouldn't get a noticable difference than if I just hone it and put a wiseco in. I haven't investigated cams yet, but I would like to. Like I've mentioned before all my experience is with 2- strokes before this adventure with the two 230s. I guess I should look up the overbore kit and do some lookin. thanks again for the input guys

Old 09-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Trailblazer

I posted a simular message to this allready, it hasn't come up.
O.K. now I'm thinkin that I have know clue on this, but if I bore it to 68mm and get the wiseco, doesn't that change the cc? so if I do all this work I wouldn't get a noticable difference than if I just hone it and put a wiseco in. I haven't investigated cams yet, but I would like to. Like I've mentioned before all my experience is with 2- strokes before this adventure with the two 230s.
anyone running this durablue axle http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...item=330166900560&rd=1 mine is bent and since I have to replace it i am lokin at this one.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: fishguybri

O.K. now I'm thinkin that I have know clue on this, but if I bore it to 68mm and get the wiseco, doesn't that change the cc? so if I do all this work I wouldn't get a noticable difference than if I just hone it and put a wiseco in. I haven't investigated cams yet, but I would like to. Like I've mentioned before all my experience is with 2- strokes before this adventure with the two 230s.

anyone running this durablue axle http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...item=330166900560&rd=1 mine is bent and since I have to replace it i am lokin at this one.</end quote></div>

The axle is killer, bought same one, same ebayer

I'll leave the bore stuff to the rest of these kind folks...... I recall diving into this is in the past and realizing what a mechanical numbskull i was, not to mention all the math and stuff. Bore, stroke, these things are metric?? I thought a millimeter turned into a butterfly???

Gook luck, back to my "evidence" boxes to see what I have left...

Old 09-25-2007, 11:22 PM
Trailblazer

ok I just tried to write a signiture and I got the d^$m server connection reset sh$t twice. I'll try again later. today I lost my front plastic hood piece in the woods, well damaged bad not lost. I guess I have a new e-bay search tonight.
sorry about posting that twice I am having some server problems on my end I believe. I will try again later to get that done. I also set the camera out to bring to the garage tomorow. figures after I brake my hood

Old 09-26-2007, 01:05 AM
Range Rover

68 =243???????????i believe mine is 72???74 something like that,and a spare bike i aquired came with 77mm . never ran in my ownership got with locked crank

Old 09-26-2007, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

anyone running this durablue axle http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...item=330166900560&rd=1 mine is bent and since I have to replace it i am lokin at this one.

-------------------------

I to bought this same exact axle, same vendor and I love it. It's around 1.5-2" wider then the stock and utilizes only one set of axle nuts on the drive side which I like and find more convenient. And best of all awesome price!

Old 09-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Trailblazer

i have a 86 quad sport when u really get on it hard its bogging to the point of almost killing the engine, any chance that this is caused from the cdi

Old 09-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

ARE YOU SURE THAT YOURE CAARB IS NOT OUT OF ADJUSTMENT? SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD BE YOURE HIGH END NEEDLE OR CLOGGED MAIN JET. i WOULD TKE THE CARB APART AND CLEAN IT BEFORE i PUT & INTO A CDI. ALSO CHECK ALL ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS AND PLUG GAP. i KNOW THESE SEEM MINOR BUT SOMETIMES ITS THAT EASY. ALSO SOUNDS LIKE IT COULD BE AN AIRFLOW MAKE SURE TH AIR FILTER ISNT CLOGGED. YOU CAN TRY REMOVING AIR FILTER AND SEE IF SHE REVS OUT THEN. GOOD LUCK SEE IF ANY OF THAT WORKS.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Trailblazer

well i rebuilt the carb and it didnt seem to help fuel lines seem good and clear new airfilter, its very consitant at a very specfic throttle point. it probly still is in the carb though god knows im far from knowing how to do to much adjusting on it

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.