Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Highlifter lift and springs for King Quad

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highlifter lift and springs for King Quad

I just ordered the highlifter lift kit and front springs for my king and i was wondering if anybody has done the same. If so, was it easy to install or is it better to let the dealer do it? Also did it affect the ride or handling negatively, I'm hoping the spring help it from bottoming out as the stock ones like to very easily even set to the stiffest when riding hard. If anybody has any pics of their king with the lift or springs please post them.

Old 01-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a Full 730 Race Build!

I have the HL springs front and rear but no lift, the springs gave me about an inch but that's not why I wanted them, I ride pretty much fire roads exclusively with an average speed of around 55-72 and I needed more control and that's just what I got! I rode my stock springs on the firmest preload setting and the HL springs are firmer than that on the softest setting. I highly recommend you get the rears as well because the rear will sag if not. Also with the rears you can ride the King like a SRA or sport quad, powersliding at will because of the drastically reduced body roll. The ride will be terrible for the first few hunderd miles untill they sack in but then it's a magic carpet ride. I would say if you are over 200 lbs you absolutely need these springs or if you are under 200 but ride agressively. Trust me on getting the rears!

Old 01-14-2006, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

I wanted to buy the rear HL springs but i didn't know the existed. I ordered mine through parts canada and all they show is the front springs for the king. Where did you get yours from? Or are they just the same as the front. I'm just a small guy, i weigh adout 150 lbs but i used to ride a sport quad so i ride pretty aggressively and would like a stiffer suspension.

Old 01-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Trailblazer

i just order all four springs from highlifters website for 143 american, you can also order the raers from them. let me know how install went. if i get mine on first. i will let you know how it went. i got a lift kit on e-bay from super atv. i am getting ready to order 27" tires and wannted to make sure i had plenty of room for them. i also got the springs because of how much the front end sags when my snow plow is raised. its a 60" american eagle.

Old 01-15-2006, 01:33 AM
Pro Rider

My highlifter springs will be in next week. Does anyone have any photos or specs of the tool to change the springs. I would like to make the tool so I can get them on ASAP. Thanks

Old 01-17-2006, 10:24 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks guys!!

Old 01-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

I have had my HL springs on front and back for a few months now.... They are great! I had my stocks set are the hardest setting, now i have the HL springs set at the softest setting and they work great. You can order them right through the High lifter website.
You will need a spring compressor to remove old and install new. I think you can also buy the set of springs with the Compressor tool included right through HL.
Zig

Old 01-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Trailblazer

I was just talking to my dealer today about the HL springs and they were telling me that they have heard of them wrecking the cv joints on the kings, and that guys have had to replace them after about 600 kms. Has anybody else heard of this problem?

Old 01-20-2006, 03:07 AM
Range Rover

Maybe he means the lift kit? The springs only add an inch or less... from what I've heard? I wouldn't think that would damage cv's at all?

Old 01-20-2006, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider

The springs dont hurt anything. The only thing these are good for is if your a big person or if you you carry a ton of stuff on the racks. They add an extra 50 pounds of spring pressure on the front and 50 pounds on the back. So it equals out to 25 pounds per spring of added spring pressure. Which is great for us big guys, that ride hard. They add 1 inch , if that. This will do no harm to your cv's just like MoonZooki said.
Lift kits are a different story. That might be a problem. But only time will tell.