Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

NEW LT450 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW LT450 Owners

i can tell you only one thing that i know about them. I WONT ONE SO BAD!!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default NEW LT450 Owners

I have a feeling it will need to be remapped with modifications. The reason i say this is because Yoshimura is already making an EFI Controller for it. Also they say on there site that they only get a 7hp increase with there full yoshimura pipe and EFI controller. Jamie Mace

Old 02-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default NEW LT450 Owners

Originally posted by: Raptor149
As far as the suspension goes, I think it's interesting to note that Jeremiah Jones had a DNF in his second moto at the Glen Helen GNC opener this past weekend. His rear linkage broke.

Still haven't heard whether the EFI needs to be tuned for a new pipe, air filter and lid removal.
Thats not the stock lingage anyway. He is using a walsh linkage. His rear Fox shock blew, which caused the linkage to break.

Old 02-08-2006, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default NEW LT450 Owners

z250freak: where did you get your information?

Old 02-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default NEW LT450 Owners

i think they're idiots for switching to fox shocks this year...shoulda just stuck with elka...but anyway i'm going to steel city to watch the race june 16th, 17th, and 18th...anyone else planning on going? it's in delmont pa for any of you who odn't know where steel city is...

Old 02-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default NEW LT450 Owners

Hey TanMan,

I noticed you said you bought your new LTR 450 in Southern AZ, was it at D&C Motorsports in Safford. If so I was wondering what kind of experience you had, I just put a deposit down on Saturday. Also I was wondering what size paddles you bought and if you changed gearing for the sand? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

RoosterWilly

Old 02-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default NEW LT450 Owners

RoosterWilly,

No, I got mine at Sierra Cycles. He gave me a fantastic price last year on my Z400, so I went back. I thought he gave me a good price on the Quadracer. I just got back from 10 days at Glamis. Had a great time. No rear sprocket will fit from any quad, trust me I've tried! The Z front sprocket fits, go one tooth down. Paddles are 20's on the rear, 21's up front. Sand Stars, which I personally like for all around dunning. I won't lie, I lost as many as I won. This damn gearing is still "way too tall". The funny thing about this quad was that it ran stronger each day. I think there might be a "break in" period for the FI, because by the end of the week, third gear was no longer ******* it, and I could pull fourth. Weird. Suspension is very, very good. At first it was very stiff, but after dialing in the compression, and rebound it was incredible. I was flying through the woops on Olds, didn't feel them. I don't want another page long post, so I'll just let you know what other people thought that rode it. "Fantastic duner. Very wide and low, and stable. Unbeleivable stock suspension, some guys said it was as good as aftermarket. All said $hitty gearing!" I'm about to get the Yosh Ti pipe, and re-mapping sytem, and a 38, or 39 tooth rear whenever they come out, LOL. I think I'll be set then.

Scott

Old 02-28-2006, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default NEW LT450 Owners

Hey tanman did you happen to race any Raptor 700 or any YFZ450's? Jamie Mace

Old 02-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default NEW LT450 Owners

I raced only YFZ's, and "R's". I didn't see but 2 700's the whole time I was out there. Of course there must have been more, but when I was at Olds it wasn't really that crowded after President's weekend. I beat some Yamahas, and Hondas, and I lost to them too. I think with different gearing I would have won easily, the races I did lose I only lost by a quad lenght, or two. The other quads had pipes, but I didn't ask what else. I was happy knowing that as the week progressed I didn't get beat. Like I said it was "breaking in" I guess. It got stronger as more time got put on it. Of course, I only had 10 minutes on the motor when I did show up in Glamis, LOL.

Old 02-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW LT450 Owners

Tanman:

Of course I'm sure you know all engines make more horsepower after break in. And it's usually a noticeble difference, especially so on single cylinder or even twin cylinder engines. Once the break in oil is gone and the valves and seals are seated with the proper amount of film the engine starts to run the way is was designed. With EFI the computer will constantly be mapping the best ratios and rates of air/gas/timing etc... and it will take a little time for all of that to get sorted out for peak performance as well.

Just like in a car after you replace the battery, it takes like 20-miles/20-minutes of driving for all the sytems to get mapped and calibrated, it will be similar for the new quads too. Obviously with fewer systems and components to map on a quad it will take less time, but I would guess it might take 10 hours of riding at least. The computer has to build up a good amount of variables in order to make the correct calibrations.

Great review on the LTR. Have you had it in the woods yet? Does it feel really wide in tight stuff?

Quick Reply: NEW LT450 Owners