Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ltz400 corrosion problem

if u have the kfx u need to contact kawasaki to have them payy for it

Old 03-12-2006, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

kawi told me if its out of warrenty they will not cover it.

Old 03-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

oh i thought u were talking warranty. either way if suz says yes kawi can still say no. Its Bulls^it how they operate

Old 03-12-2006, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kawasaki claims to no nothing about it, there is no recall planned and they are not covering anything as of right now!

I don't know if that will change but right now they are playing ignorant.

Just for the hell of it I called Arctic Cat, and they said the same thing. They told me that Suzuki would have to contact them to initiate any recall.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

Not for nothing guys this is really no big deal. It a clutch cover that needs to be replaced by the 04 aluimuim one. Should at the most take less then an hour to replace. I know some people will say it's just the point and which I agree, But this is not a safety concern so they will j--- you around till this cows come home. Warranty work takes forever at the dealership anyway(gotta order parts which can take weeks as we all know). I know one thing it's not stopping me form getting one. I guess if you got the patience they try to get it covered. I myself would rather fix it myself and ride the same day.

Old 03-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider

true!!! its just like the tranny problems in the 01 raptors, they are not going to do anything. i have already bought my 04 cover and gasket. it ran me about $178.57 . i havent put it on yet i was waiting to get back from The Clash Of The Titians. i got mine from "m.r.motorcycle in asheville, nc " i went on internet search for suzuki parts and m.r.motorcycle.com came up, cheapest place i found it. alot of places were back ordered to. i had mine in 3 days ,really nice people. good luck. damn the man!!!!!

Old 03-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Just thought I'd let everyone know that zuki hasn't learned their lesson with the LTR450. It comes from the factory with a magnesium cover again...an no aluminum cover offered yet... see the URL below...

http://atvrideronline.com/features/100_0510_suzuki_ltr/

Needless to say I changed the stock fluids out the same day. The parts manager knows me pretty well and when he saw the bottles on the counter all he said was 'good move'. I then let him know what I found. I just droped over 8k and they can't tell me how to keep it running?!?!?!? Don't get me wrong, I love the LTR and am not one of those strickly loyal buyers / riders since I own at least one item from each of the major manufactures out there but come on now....

The parts manager still can't answer why the LTR450 has a choke since it's EFI....

Old 03-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: charliemurphy
well to any of you who did email the officer, I appreciate it. They got a hold of Suzuki and they are enforcing a recall. It should be posted and all original owners should be contacted through mail so you can get your quad into the dealer you bought it from and get fixed. I've already contacted my dealer and htey said that yes it is being fixed for free and with an aluminum cover instead of magnesium. Hope you all are helped by this.

Are they seriously starting a recall. I am looking to buying an 06 before March 31st. I hope this is true

Old 03-14-2006, 07:52 PM
Range Rover

I hope your right charliemurphy, my dealer wouldnt even look at mine, I changed to engine ice as coolant, and decided to ride it out. I just cant see paying almost six grand for this toy and still have to pay for an aluminmum cover. Never the less good job!

Old 03-26-2006, 12:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

Here are some pics of My dads cover at 47hrs of use and he used Engine Ice. mine is about the same and I used what came in it from the factory.
picture 1
Picture 2 ouch
picture 3 looks like an egg not a hole

My dads case is backordered through May. Mine I should hav back from the dealer in about 3 weeks. (maybe longer)

The awnser to this problem is Evans Coolant it stops the electrolisis that is happening from the alum and mag.
Evans cooling
I have NPG+ ready and waiting when it gets back.

Quick Reply: ltz400 corrosion problem