Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Got the Power Commander Installed on The KQ

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the Power Commander Installed on The KQ

WOW. I finally got it all put together yesterday after a few hours of labor. The installation was quite simple except I had already run all my winch wires where the PC wires were suppose to go so I had to drill a few new holes. Not to mention it took me forever to get the clips on the injector and TPS undone. It's not easy fitting a huge hand up in those holes. I installed the MAP I got from DaveAsh (THANKS MAN!), reset the throttle position and went out for a ride. It made a big difference in my opinion. You still have the lag from a standstill and I don't see where it really runs any faster (maybe a MPH of 2) but is surely gets there faster, runs alot smoother, and the acceleration is much improved. I do have the Twin Air filter, HMF slip on and 27" Kenda Executioners which are pretty aggresive. I can now easily wheelie in low and it will wheelie in high with a little help. I do have full bumpers and a 3000# winch though. I can only imagine how fast this thing would be with the stock tires and rims. I mainly went to the PC because the KQ was not running like it should have been with the non restrictive slip on pipe. I do plan to install an Dalton or EPI clutch kit (as soon as I can figure out which one is best -any help on that would be greatly appeciated) and I think I will be done with the KQ. It is plenty fast for a 600+ pound machine. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their help and let you guys know it was WELL worth the time!

Old 03-10-2006, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

Glad you are a happy man. Go with the EPi kit and you will be even happier. If you think the wheelies come easy now, wait till you put the clutch kit in. Just be careful in low.
thanks
David

Old 03-10-2006, 08:08 PM
Trailblazer

Excuse my ignorance. What is the power commander? What does it do? What is the MAP?

Old 03-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

The Power Commander is an e;ectronic fuel control device that does for a fuel injeced motor what re-jetting does for a carb. A map iss the program that the Power Commander uses to deliver the correct amout of fuel throught the RPM range. It is necessary for the King if you do any mods to the pipe of Air intake or filter of the King.
I hope that helps.
David