Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

which vinson or king guad

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which vinson or king guad

I had an 03 vinson 5 speed and it was great no problem except brakes but i expected that because i was in the mud all the time. Now i am looking at getting another quad and it is between the vinson and the KQ. Anyone out their with some inpute let me know thanks.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Both are great machines. If you are looking at going mudding a lot you might want to stay with the Vinson. It has a manual shift that does a lot better in the mud and water then the automatics. When water gets on the belts they start to slip and miss and its a hassel. But the down side to having a manual is you have to get your feet wet to shift sometimes. But both machines have enough power to get through anything.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:28 PM
Trailblazer

The deciding factor here will be the price. If you can afford it, buy the king quad it is suzukis flagship...meaning it is their top dog. The automatic vinsons are often priced so close to the king qaud, that they are ruled out. The king will have more power, ground clearance, and a smoother, less sporty ride. I chose the vinson because of the manual transmission, just more fun.

Old 03-26-2006, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider

I have both. Both are excellent choices. You have specify what kind of riding you will be doing. In all honesty, the Vinson is a machine for all seasons I.M.O. However, the King Quad...well...it just does all things well. I would buy either of these machines again in a heartbeat.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

I am staying with my Vinny. Its the 5 speed and thats why. If I were going with a auto I would go with the KQ.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Range Rover

I have both and they are both great machines. I am a large guy and felt the vinson did not have enough power for me. It always got me up the steep mountains and took me everywhere I wanted to go but at times it was full throttle and I wanted more to give me assurances I would make it. The KQ sails up the steep stuff with power to spare. The Vinsons have always been a very nice, comfortable ride and when I rode the KQ I thought there was not that much difference in comfort... until I got back on the KQ after riding the Vinson. Man, what a difference!!!!!!!!!!! The KQ is a very smooth, comfortable ride with that extra power to get you through anything. I love both bikes but if I had to choose one over the other it would have to be the KQ.