Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Quadzilla apraisal I need Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 12:48 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadzilla apraisal I need Help

I saw pics of that first one on e-bay, looked a little rough but you make it work for the money. I didn't look at the second pics yet but "kid in the candy store" syndrome is going to get you. They will all have potential but if you keep going from bike to bike, you'll lose your vision of what you expect out of your bike. If you can find a bike that runs and feels right to you, cut loose. Any thing under 3 grand that runs and has goodies, is worth a hard look.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:59 AM
Range Rover

I don't know about that first one. I would go for door number two. That guy took the time to checker his floor he must care! I fully rebuilt a zilla that was not nearly as tired as the first one your looking at and trust me you can pour some money into them... even knowing what your getting into.

I see those Pic's and I see $. By the time it's all said and done, it might be a better idea to pass. That is unless you are willing to sacafice and save her from salvage for the good of us all.

Personally, I would look around for the guy that is parting from the "zilla" love of his life and buck down and pay the difference of what you would have to for fixing that dog up. Depending on your level of "she's done" satisfaction you could dump at least $1,100- $2,000 in it. Zilla parts are getting somewhat hard to come by and orginals are not cheap.

I bought one for $2,700 dumped about 1,100 in it on a complete rebuild and recently sold it, cherry, ready to run for another 20 years for $3,200.00

Never was good at math, but I enjoyed the work as much as the ride!......Do what you dig! Were all with ya.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:11 AM
ONX
Trailblazer

what about the secound one?

Old 04-25-2006, 02:30 AM
Range Rover

2 doesn't look bad, stock exhaust, probably doesn't have many mods, not nessesarily a bad thing. How long has the guy had it and why is he getting rid of it? I paid 3 for mine and it looks better than the second one and it has a pipe on it with a few other mods and i was told i stole it. Get those questions answered and see how you feel and go from there, seems like a good deal. Pictures can be very decieving, get more close ups and find out all the details about the bike you can.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:52 AM
Range Rover

Personally, I would never buy a used two-stoke (again) from someone I didn't know or meet. Those are good questions. Why sell? Where and how did you ride it.... Service habits... You can tell alot about a person and how they keep there stuff by meeting and talking to them. Look around at other things they own and ask questions... pretty soon you will get a clear picture of who they are and how they treat their stuff.

To bad we can't pick our women this way!

Good Luck!

Old 04-25-2006, 03:09 AM
ONX
Trailblazer

he is selling cause it has a baby on the way and it is supposed to be big bored I am calling the guy omarrow to get more info

Old 04-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

Now that you say that first Zilla has a plus 4 swingarm, that should make your decision a lot easier. Unless you plan on only drag racing and dune riding, that first Zilla will be hard to swing around anywhere else. Go with the second one....it looks like it is in much better shape anyway. Remember - you get what you pay for, so the extra $700 might be worth it.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Range Rover

I'm with "R", the 4 over swing arm is for people that have 800 horse and are scared of it and driving pretty straight. 2 is the best bet so far and be sure and tell him we love the floor in his shop.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

well with expeiance from mine, i bought it for 1200 with a cracked case..... i ended up replacing literally EVERYTHING over time.... so if you get the cheaper one it will save you that 700 to put back into it
either way you will be putting all your money into it.... zillas are money pits, trust me

Old 04-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

and dont be too happy its a big bore, if it wasnt done right it wont last long.....

Quick Reply: Quadzilla apraisal I need Help