Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Quadzilla apraisal I need Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 02:21 AM
ONX
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quadzilla apraisal I need Help

Ok I found a zilla and it seems to be what I am looking for for the most part but I am coming to you guys for help

Here are the whats good and whats nots of the quad

Motor and tranny were rebuilt about 4 years ago but it then sat for 3 years till it was bought by current owner he replaced the clutch and hasnt ridden it often (its to fast for him he decided)

It needs a new rear master cylander for the brake (where do I get one?)

it has a exahst leak where it bolts up to the motor (Its a gasket I know how to fix it just posting all of the problems)

he says the handle bars seem a little off center when the tires are strait check the pics below

The plastic is in pretty sorry condition

Ok now for the goods

He does have nerf bars another set of tires and wheels reeds and some other stuff that are not on the bike yet

I am gonna replace the plastic any way so its not a bg deal its a 89 by the way. Hes asking 2000 and he will deliver it from his state to mine. What do ya think he is just waiting on my sayso. Also where do you guys get parts could you give me some links?

I need opinions ASAP!

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4

Pic5

Theres more zilla info in posts lower down

Old 04-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe it is just dirty, but it looks a little worn out to me. Offer him $1,500 cash. You should always be weary of a seller willing to drive to your state to deliver an item. To me, that sounds like he is either a really nice guy, or this thing has problems and he really wants to get rid of it. Even if it has problems, $1,500 sounds good to me.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:12 AM
ONX
Trailblazer

he wont go lower than 2k and hes a firefighter so he has spare time to drive down here and he only offered when I told him I have a hurt hand (it doesnt stop me from driving but he didnt know that)

Old 04-24-2006, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

If you want it that bad, go for it. But remember...even if an older quad is in excellent shpae, there will always be some little part that fails...so get ready for constant maintenance. Take it from me - practically everything on my 250R was brand new and just about every other time I took it out I'd be going back to my Honda dealer for something. Maybe I rode it too hard, but that is my experience with older machines. Don't get me wrong, I loved my 250R and no quad I ever buy will replace it. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to a brand new 450R in a few years with electric start!

Old 04-24-2006, 04:19 PM
Range Rover

It really depends on what you want when you're done. Sounds like you have to put in it, a fair amount to get it out. There are parts all over ebay and other resources from the guys listing there. Nothing you listed sounded like it would be a big deal to find. Minor stuff and they aren't bad to work on as i am learning myself. I've had mine for a year and i haven't broken or destroyed one thing, granted, it spends more time in the sand than dirt. It was done right the first time. I think it has potential. Go with your gut, it is the fastest production quad EVER produced!

Old 04-24-2006, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would say go for it. quadzillas are just gettin harder and harder to find so i would get one now.

Old 04-24-2006, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

I would also say get it, they are getting harder to find and if you sell in a few years you can prob get your money back out of it because they there will be that many fewer out there. Just my opinon.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

id do it, 2k not bad. you cant beat him delievering it either(gas $3 a gallon). a bought a banshee for $500 and it was in 500 pieces, like somebody already posted take your time and do it right thr first time and it will be good to go.ive put my shee together 4 times and tore it back down to do it right 4 times. i think my wife is sick on it!! i love it......!!

Old 04-24-2006, 11:24 PM
ONX
Trailblazer

I just found out it also has a 4 plus inch swingarm But there is one in a closer city thats in better condish with a big bore kit and nerf bars ect I think I vcan get it for 2700 what do ya think?

Old 04-24-2006, 11:30 PM
ONX
Trailblazer

heres pics of the other zilla

Another zilla1

Another zilla2

Quick Reply: Quadzilla apraisal I need Help