Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Owner of two new 06 LTZ400s

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Owner of two new 06 LTZ400s

I finalized the deal with LA Cycles (www.otdcyclesports.com) today. I wanted to pick them up today as they sat on the dealer lot but I was told they were instructed by Suzuki to not release any bikes until the recall had been performed so I'll have to wait until Saturday because they won't receive the new parts from Suzuki until Thursday.

These are our very fist bikes and I'm feeling really confident that I made the right decision in buying Z400s and in making sure they are delivered with the new covers.

Thanks to everyone on the boards. There is a wealth of information to be found here.

One question that I haven't been able to find and answer for is, for how far or for how long can I ride on a single tank of gas?

Thanks again.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:34 PM
Range Rover

Not sure how big the tank is on the z400 but on my warrior I am pretty sure it is 2.5 or 3 gallons. I can ride for the better part of a day if I am just cruising around. I'd say a little over 4 hours if I am having fun!!!!

The z400 is a really nice bike, I would agree that you made a good decision and won't be let down. They have tons of power stock. I am sure we will all find out how addicted you get and start pouring more money into this machine..

Have fun..Be Safe.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats on the Z's! Great choice. Mileage on a quad is much more variable than that for a car. Terrain, state of engine tune, and how hard you ride, etc. all contribute. I would think on a stock Z you should be able to get at least 80-100 miles per tank, figure less if you are doing 100% dunes.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats on youre purchase... as scooter stated it all depends on how you ride and in what conditions.... if you do trails and don't hammer on the throttle you'll make the gas last longer then if you're riding hard or in Sand.

My suggestion is get to learn/know the quads and check the tanks after each ride just to make sure you have plenty of fuel. After awhile you'll be able to gage your fuel use.

We'll be back at Pismo for Father's Day (my day = my rules that weekend). Stop by and say Hi if you happen to be there.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks. We were thinking of going up to Pismo the first week of July. We go up to Monterey/Salinas quite a bit. My wife grew up in Monterey with her dad. Her mom lives in Salinas.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

Very cool... It's a nice area.. never to hot or cold (except for the fog coming from the coast). Not to mention we're only 25 min from the gate of Hollister hills and 2 1/2 hours from Pismo (hauling a trailer) and 4 1/2 hours from Mojave desert. I also have alot of family in So Cal. Orange County area (Costa Mesa, Garden Grove, Newport, Anaheim) not to mention TO and the Nard.

I'll be at the Independance Rally at Hollister during the first weekend of July. Dispite the citys choice of canceling the rally this year there will still be thousands and thousands of people still showing up in town that weekend... so I gotta go with my brothers....

If you need info on the Z check this forum...There is alot of good people and info here. When I recently rebuilt my '03 Z I got alot of help from forum members here.

Drop me a line when you and yours are in the area and wanna ride.

Take care.

Old 06-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

What's the riding like in Hollister? I've never been there but being as it's so close, I think we may head up there after Pismo for a little ride.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:58 AM
Pro Rider

Hollister Hills is 95% trails for quads. Most are 1 way for safty reasons. There is 1 quad only track that has 4 inline rollers/jumps along with several turns with burms. It's pretty good when the grounds crew maintains it. Other times it gets really rutted. There is an area called the Lodge track that has a few jumps for both quads and bikes but its' mostly used for bikes. Most of the tracks offered are actually for bikes only (darn it) but the trails are pretty fun. It has everything from green trails to a few black diamonds for quads. The double diamonds are only for dirt bikes. Plenty of camping areas along with alot of day use areas. Hollister is aprox 3 hours North from Pismo. They do check for spark arrestors and stickers (if not a brand new quad) at the gate. And they enforce the sound levels there. I think it's 97 db's. If you're compeltly stock you should be good.

If you do come up to Hollister during the weekend of the 4th of July, all the Harley's will be there for un-official bike rally the city is trying to cancel....

Old 06-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks. That sounds like a spot worth checking out! I think we may just go there after Pismo.

What is a spark arrester and will my bike need one? If so, where do I buy it and install it? Thanks.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

All stock pipes and many aftermarket pipes have them installed from the factory. (Check the box on the new pipe if you don't know. It should state upfront if has one or not). The spark arrestor basically is in the pipe and keeps any sparks/hot embers from escaping the pipe when riding. Since Hollister Hills trails are in wooded areas they (Rangers) try to keep the fire danger down big time. Some aftermarket two stoke pipes (Toomey, Pro Circut) don't have them but with the Z's you should be ok. All pipes that I know that have the arrestor installed will say right on the pipe.

Quick Reply: Owner of two new 06 LTZ400s