Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Skid plates...yay or nay...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006 | 01:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Skid plates...yay or nay...

the reason why baja racers dont use a-arm skids is because they are using aftermarket a-arms, i havent seen any skid plates made for +2 or +3 a-arms, im sure that if they did make skids for the aftermarket a-arms, baja racers would have them on all the time

Old 06-28-2006 | 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

I ride some of the nastyest trails around up here and the only skids im EVER going to have is a swing arm skid and a chassi skid. Thats it..
The a-arm skids add un-needed weight.. Sure ive got some scratches up there but if youre riding so crazy that you cant miss the rock thats about to take out your a-arm, then no skid is gonna help you... haha

With that being said,

Pro-Armor.

Old 06-28-2006 | 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: velocyraptor
the reason why baja racers dont use a-arm skids is because they are using aftermarket a-arms, i havent seen any skid plates made for +2 or +3 a-arms, im sure that if they did make skids for the aftermarket a-arms, baja racers would have them on all the time
Thats not a good enough excuse.. If i was a racer and needed something i would have it made. Its not hard to have something machined and bent.....

Old 06-28-2006 | 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

i guess it all depends on the rider

Old 06-28-2006 | 07:34 PM
Range Rover

The only damage I ever got was a bent a-arm from driving over a rock in a creek that was unseeable. That's the main reason I purchased mine was to prevent that from happening again. So it can happen.

Old 06-28-2006 | 07:53 PM
|
Trailblazer

Well, I called about 25 places and everyone, including DG themselves, were out of the Baja series chassis skid plate.

I called Rocky Mountain and got lucky when they said they had 2 Pro Armor skid plates left. I ordered both with 2-day shipping for $209. I'm going to stick with the skid plates for now and purchase a swingarm and rocker plate later when my factory pieces wear.

I also picked up dirtskin shock covers.

Thanks everyone! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2006 | 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

shiiiit. I just remembered i got a $112 credit a Rocky Mountain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

You like the Pro Armor stuff.. Its Beefy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2006 | 01:31 PM
|
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: powerstroke01
shiiiit. I just remembered i got a $112 credit a Rocky Mountain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

You like the Pro Armor stuff.. Its Beefy. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Mods seem to follow me everywhere I go...like my shadow, they're always there...whether they be ATV, Cars, Trucks, Computers, Trailers....I can't escape them! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Did you see my Gorman/Hungry Valley pics? We're going again this weekend and up to Pismo on Monday.

I'll PM you and we'll meet up in Pismo!

Old 06-29-2006 | 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ElImmigrante
Originally posted by: powerstroke01

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Mods seem to follow me everywhere I go...like my shadow, they're always there...whether they be ATV, Cars, Trucks, Computers, Trailers....I can't escape them! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Did you see my Gorman/Hungry Valley pics? We're going again this weekend and up to Pismo on Monday.

I'll PM you and we'll meet up in Pismo!
Haha i know what you mean..

yeah i saw the pics. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

haha Pismo will be a nice change from this heat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-29-2006 | 02:27 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

I look at my A Arm Gaurds and don't want to imagine what would have happend had those not been there. you also have to figure the guys that race the baja and what not really don't care if they trash an a arm or 2 as long as they finish the race. they will just get new ones.

Quick Reply: Skid plates...yay or nay...