Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KING QUAD 700 ENGINE PROBLEM 1500 MILES

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KING QUAD 700 ENGINE PROBLEM 1500 MILES

I bought my 2005 king quad 700 december 31st 2005. I live in northern wisconsin. Had a blast riding on the snow. There is really no dust this time of year. Now Aug 4th my king is in the shop because it was hard to start when usually it started right up. To make a long story short I called the dealer and they said the rings and pistons are worn due to dirt being sucked in. 6 month warrenty Brought machine home 12-31-05. I have 1500 miles on it i have blown the air filter out, i try to take care of it the best i can.
Anybody out there have the same problem? Or any other problems?
I am not sure what is going to happen yet...but i think i will be screwed in the long run.
gene54843@hotmail.com

Old 08-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KING QUAD 700 ENGINE PROBLEM 1500 MILES

This is a common problem that Suzuki knows about but has failed to properly address. There are countless threads on here and on the Nyroc King Quad Site about the issue. As long as you have the info to put your dealer and Suzuki on the spot, you should be able to get it fixed under warranty. I know for a fact that when the dealer and Suzuki has been presented with the facts that this is a common problem, they have fixed the machines even if the warranty was up. There is no way your machine should be worn out, this is a Suzuki issue that hasn't been dealt with. Don't let them hose you over.

Unfortunately, a lot of people don't read these forums and have no idea this is a common problem. There was never an official recall of sorts or admission that there is a problem but this has been a known issue for quite some time. One of the first recommendations on most all King Quad boards is to replace the filter with a quality aftermarket one such as a Twin Air, Uni, or K&N due to this fact. Just use the search function and look for topics about the air filter or smoking King Quads. You'll find many.

In one of the threads on here or Nyroc's site, you can see pictures of the dirt let in by the crappy filter. I'm sure your's is probably no different. I'd post over there too as a lot of guys have been through this and can also help lead you in the right direction. The more info you have, the better case you can make.