Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Lt250r is it a good buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 03:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Lt250r is it a good buy?

Whew, from a 250 to a Blaster to a Quadzilla? You are all over the map! The zilla can be an excellent machine. They are not known for reliability, but chances are any one still together today has probably had some of the problems fixed. They can be a bear to start, but once running they are fast and have tons of potential if you need more power. The 500 is one of my dream quads btw. Buy a case saver for ti if you can find one, but as long as the case on it doesn't leak I wouldn't worry to much about it, especially if he throws in another one too.

You do have some experience with riding bigger quasd right? The 500 is a serious machine, you can do lots of damage with one of those.

Old 08-14-2006, 09:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

LOL scooter. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The zilla is a lil heavy, lil awkward, not what I'd get but if you think you can handle it, go for it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly, the biggest thing I've ever driven with a clutch is a rm125. I have also driven a sportsman 600, but thats an auto, and a 4 stroke. I'm pretty good with a clutch, so I'm going to try to get used to it until I unleash the power! lol, I just hope I dont embarress myself infront of the guy I'm buying it off of when I'm test driving it. Oh and by the way, if the guy doesnt have a title for it, is there any way I could get one for it? I'm not sure weather or not he's got one.
Thanks Mike

Old 08-14-2006, 11:35 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Might want to have your dad make sure all your insurance is up to date.

That's a lot of bike for an experienced rider. Maybe you should wait and find something different. Time spent in a hospital is not quality time.

Old 08-14-2006, 10:18 PM
Range Rover

This is sweeeeet!!!! The guy said I can have it for $1850!!!!! The only problem is it doesnt have a title, but the guy has it registered. Anyone know if I can get a title for it from that or if having it registered is just as good as a title? Anyway, once I get that figure out, I'm heading over to look at it!! I need replys ASAP, I want to pick it up tamorrow!! lol. Thanks.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

At least in NY, quads don't have titles. If the reggie is transferable you are all set. Just get a bill of sale and the transferred registration and go to the DMV. Bring some cash for the sales tax too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Even if the registration is not transferable, you should be able to get a VIN tracing and get her done that way with the bill of sale. Basically they just need to do a vin search to make sure it hasn't been reported stolen, etc.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:25 AM
Range Rover

Well I went to look at the zilla today, and it looked awesome, really clean, but after the guy came out and started to go over it, it was looking kind of shady. It was missing the bolt that holds on the front sprocket, and so I couldnt test drive it. He said he took it off, so I asked him where it was, and he didnt have an answer. He then told me that the shaft with the front sprocket on it just slides out and all the oil in the case will come out, I'm not sure, but that doesnt sound right. It started right up , we just couldnt go anywhere. The only other thing was that the chain was tied together with a string........ He said that for all the parts for the sprocket it would only cost around 12 bucks, and I mean, if that was it, who wouldnt buy it and put it on so it was in ridable condition for the buyer?? I thing that shaft isnt suposed to come out and he took that bolt off so that the buyer couldnt ride it before they buy it and wind up screwed over. Not really sure though, he seemed really nice and truthful about it. He told me all the gears and everything work great, but theres really no way of proving that until I can ride it. So thats where I'm at now.

Old 08-16-2006, 01:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Here is what you could do. If you still want the 500, tell him to buy the parts, install them, and keep the receipt. Once it is back in working order, give it a thorough test ride. If you decide to purchase it maybe kick in a little more for the new parts. Personally, I agree with your gut feeling that it is a bad deal waiting to happen. Like I posted above, the ZIlla is an awesome beast, but they do have reliability problems. That shaft should not just pull out, no way, no how. There should be a seal on it keeping all the oil in also. I would check Ronnie's mail order or something similar. Go to the microfiche section and see just what all the parts will cost. That site seems to be close on price to my local dealer, and the parts are supposed to be OEM.

Old 08-16-2006, 11:56 AM
Range Rover

Yea, I definitly still want it. I cant get it off my mind. It was really hard to leave the guys place with out that zilla in my truck. I checked ronnies, and they dont have it. If anyone could tell me the size of that nut that goes on, or where I can get one, and one of the star spacers that goes on before the nut that would be awesome. See the thing is he told me he has a guy coming to buy it on sunday, but if I got there first it was mine. So chances are if he even would fix it first, he would have to wait for the parts and by then it would be sold more than likely. But then again,maybe this other guy will think differetly when he sees it like I did. Maybe if a dealer or store carries them I could buy them and go up and put them on. Even if I dont get it, it's only around 12 bucks. Any suggestions?

Old 08-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!

Hmmm, I wouldn't let him pressure you by tales of another guy buying it. I have learned that in the long run, you are better letting things fall where they may. I say wait a few weeks, and if you haven't found anything else, call the guy back up. If he has it, work him for a better deal. I would want it fixed and knock off another $100.00 on the price too. When someone tells me something is "sold" like that I usually walk away and call him on the bluff. Even if someone else is coming to look at it, there is no way he can say it will sell to that person. I hate shenanigans like that![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Lt250r is it a good buy?