Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

New Buyer Ozark Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Buyer Ozark Question

Hello,

I am new to this and have not had a chance to test ride one yet but I have a question... I am thinking about using the Ozark (or Recon) for slow speed creeping through a pretty heavily forested area. Some rough slow roads, mountainous, but mostly brush and branch littered undeveloped pine forest trail.

Is the Ozark suited to this slow-speed low-gear stuff? Is 1st gear low enough to just creep along in "tractor"mode if necessary with good manuverability, picking my way through it?

Thanks for the help,
eyekazoo

Old 08-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer

The Ozark is a good machine, it is more of a sport/utility. Good suspension with a peppy motor. Light weight and very manuverable but not a low-end hoss. It can handle the trails, sand and most terrain. But if it is going to be "grunt and crawl", you might look at a 4x4 with hi/lo trans or super low 1st gear. You really need a cooling fan if you are going to mainly just be slow going and not moving much air. Most ATVs come with them but there are a few models that don't. Do alot of comparing, shopping around and test ride if you can. Good Luck

Old 08-25-2006, 01:29 AM
No Ruts, No Glory

I agree with Deerhawk...you will need something with a little more low end, which is best met by larger engine size than the Ozark. An Eiger or Vinson would do better IMO